Sunday, 2024-05-05, 5:34:45 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Map Problem (Sorry if wrong topic but this one fits best.)
Map Problem
ZiZGoDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-01, 0:07:55 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Hey i've tried to get the latest map and play with some friends in about 2 days now, all i do is go to bot and it starts download. but i only get to 98 then i get AUTO KICKED, also i tried on web but it wont load in the game. so anyone know why?? im on a mac

Mystic_ProphetDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-01, 9:57:32 PM | Message # 2
Stage 4
Bot might have an anti dl feature on. You can DL the map here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rc2dtbb8ibayi9c

or go to the download section of the forum which gives the same link. Alternately, you could PM me and arrange a time for me to host for you. Though I likely won't play, I've got a lot of college work to do at the moment.

TrueShadowDate: Saturday, 2010-12-04, 7:09:40 AM | Message # 3
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
I also suggest manually downloading it off of the link provided. Hope your problem was solved.

ZiZGoDate: Monday, 2010-12-06, 10:36:07 AM | Message # 4
Stage 1
didn't work. still need to dl. somehow it dont work on mac??

DraculaDate: Monday, 2010-12-06, 10:56:36 AM | Message # 5
Stage 2
CBott (or maybe it's Ghostbot in general?) seems to automatically change the filename when it hosts the map. Replace the underscores in the filename with spaces.

(For those who have no clue what I'm talking about:)

My Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Warcraft III -> Maps -> Download

Find the CoT map and change the filename as directed above. Problem should be fixed.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

ZiZGoDate: Friday, 2010-12-10, 10:48:41 AM | Message # 6
Stage 1
Mac don't use hard drive C or something dont have program files or that either so its a little hard btw i tried to download form page and bot but it get's me kicked when im at 99% or 98%

DraculaDate: Friday, 2010-12-10, 1:03:15 PM | Message # 7
Stage 2
Basically, what I'm saying is that you have to rename the file you download the map from here.
Then you have to find that map file on your computer. CoT_RPG_PoM_FoC_V1.19B.w3x is the filename, if memory serves.
Once you've done that, rename it to this: CoT RPG PoM FoC V1.19B.w3x

All you do is just replace the underscores with spaces. I do not have a Mac, so I don't know what directory the Warcraft III folder's saved under on an Apple OS. If it has an in-built search function, searching for the filename above might get you some results. If not, I don't know what else to say. Perhaps someone with a Mac who knows what directory Warcraft III's folder is in could clarify for you.

Yours truly,

TrueShadowDate: Friday, 2010-12-10, 7:52:49 PM | Message # 8
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
First locate your wc3 map download folder. For mac, I don't know where that is exactly, but you should remember it from when you installed. If you do not remember, then look up the shortcut that you use to run wc3 and find out where it leads to. If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall wc3. Second, delete all the cot maps you have in the wc3 map download folder. Then try downloading from the link provided at the top: http://www.mediafire.com/?rc2dtbb8ibayi9c

Ghost bots do not rename files. The original file itself has no underscore...just look at the download link. I'm not sure where you got your map, but it shouldn't have underscores.

DraculaDate: Saturday, 2010-12-11, 3:00:14 PM | Message # 9
Stage 2
Ghost bots do not rename files. The original file itself has no underscore...just look at the download link. I'm not sure where you got your map, but it shouldn't have underscores.

The official download link (back when 1.19B first came out) had underscores in the file. I remember this since I had to go in and manually rename the file so I could play on CBott (as I've had to do with basically every version, since botDL wasn't enabled until recently). I didn't even know what was wrong myself until I downloaded the map from one of the other bots and compared it to the one from the official download link (again, back when most/all of the CM bots autohosted CoT).

Perhaps it was just my computer automatically entering underscores (since spaces aren't considered proper file syntax)? No clue.

Any luck, Ziz?

Yours truly,

ZiZGoDate: Monday, 2010-12-27, 5:23:25 PM | Message # 10
Stage 1
i've been trying once again to get it to work. but i cant get it to work i go the map it gets to 99 then i get kicked and i still miss 15 kb of the map... thats annoying and i've tried to send it from my pc but no luck there either ,... anyone please tell me is there something wrong with MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD??

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Map Problem (Sorry if wrong topic but this one fits best.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024