Sunday, 2024-05-05, 11:16:36 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Annoyance about RG taunt
Annoyance about RG taunt
TerydinDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-24, 11:38:03 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Well, my cousin and I are officially killing things in the Chaos World after finally getting to lvl 600. Now here is something that I don't like. Taunt only lasts for a few seconds and if I spam it, the enemies will start walking away to their spawn points and it will immediately push the aggro on him and, even if I use it again, the enemies will still follow him. He has to trail them around me while I cast until they FINALLY aggro on me. Possible fix for this or am I the only one having this issue?

NexingDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 3:26:54 PM | Message # 2
Stage 1
wonering is your friend a PR or MR?

Message edited by Nexing - Thursday, 2010-08-26, 3:27:13 PM

TerydinDate: Saturday, 2010-08-28, 3:47:25 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
He is a PR

callmeanassDate: Saturday, 2010-08-28, 5:54:57 PM | Message # 4
Stage 2
The cast delay on The taunt ill cause you to actualy Lose agro if some one else is hitting him because "you are not a threat" while casting. it happens no matter what you are. try tanking with an elem (funny i know) with a pr or something nailing from afar, you begin to cast a spell they ill run for the pr. Possible for the taunt have a debuff last on them for 10 seconds or 5 seconds and turn the cast time (prolly zero already) lower. the only way would be to make a different moddle with a faster cast animation.

your best bet when pulling as an rg or any other tank, pull them to a spot kill, then pull after respawn more if u need (they do have leashes). and not have your friend (or puggies) tag creeps till you are set.

ParanoiaDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 7:24:52 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
To be honest I do not think this is a bug or anything. Its just like in MMO's. If you taunt too much, it will actually de-aggro off you and be ineffective. Sometimes it won't work either. The way taunt was made to be, is to grab aggro from non-attacking creeps. You use it when you lose aggro, not to keep aggro. If you overuse it, you will actually lose some aggro. Its this way in pretty much every MMO out there, with a few exceptions. For eles in groups, when casting you lose focus of the mob because during the cast you cause 0 TPS(Threat-per-sec), so they are likely to hit the next highest TPS target. MR's also have really high aggro tables compared to other mobs. The best way for you to tank is to just run in face first and body pull away from your group, then have them come in from behind. It's easier this way because then you can see the mob turn around when you lose aggro, and you can quickly taunt and re-gain attention of the mobs. Also, to call, I'm fairly sure the Cast time is already 0, but the animation takes about a second as with pretty much any other skill. Hope that helps you on your aggro problems Tery. ^^, it's just getting used to playing a tank is all it is really.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-16, 11:56:18 PM | Message # 6
Stage 4
Heh I'd much prefer big bad voodoo on a tank. The problem is that even when you're attacking, you attack so slow that dps classes still draw aggro off you immediately. The plus side at least is that when they start to run and stop attacking, taunt will be able to pull the enemies off them and let em heal. I do think the range at max level should be increased to 900 or so though.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Annoyance about RG taunt
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024