[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Rawries
Rawries
RawriesDate: Sunday, 2009-11-08, 2:55:46 PM | Message # 16
Stage 1
Group: Users
i mean im willing to show yall all my chars yall can pstats dont char none of em r close to hacked and i dont even know how to hack i got nothing to hide i just dont wana be banned from this awsome game when i didnt do anything

IHateWC3Date: Sunday, 2009-11-08, 5:38:03 PM | Message # 17
Stage 1
Group: Blocked
you could have idle in a game to get hours on your saves so now it looks less likely to be hacked

ZoatDate: Sunday, 2009-11-08, 7:40:19 PM | Message # 18
Stage 1
Quote (IHateWC3)

if someone hacked they would obviously deny it. Therefore you're a hacker

This came to mind upon first seeing it:
"Some torments were designed to test the guilt of a witch.
- "Swimming" the witch (a survival of an ancient ordeal by water) involved tying the accused hand and foot and immersing her in deep water. If she sank, God's creature water accepted her and she was deemed innocent. If she floated, the water rejected her, and she was deemed guilty.

just kinda goes along with if you admit it you're screwed and if you don't admit it you're also screwed.

On response to the thread I believe that the RULES were made for a reason and without proper proof the person should remain innocent. This may anger a few of you but it is to protect those who are truly innocent while there is the inevitable ability for someone guilty to slip by.

Lastly as a personal message to rawries, if you want to make it easy on yourself there is one solution that may be acceptable for the majority of people here: that is to start a new character and level it up while being supervised by a respected member of the forums. Just check clan CM on west server, majority of the time there are members that play daily, ask if you can join in on a game. I don't feel that you would need to admit any guilt but to appease any suspicious individuals it helps to have some alibis.

IHateWC3Date: Sunday, 2009-11-08, 7:54:30 PM | Message # 19
Stage 1
I was kinda pointing out how dumb this hacker hunting is. Only people you'd really stop is legit wc3 players when you ban them from the map. Hackers can just spoof a new name. Also the only thing you guys have to go off of is the time they've played so there's probably many hackers that have just upped their time and are unnoticed.

If you guys actually want to stop hackers then stop trying to do so with a wc3 map and make an actual game.

RawriesDate: Sunday, 2009-11-08, 9:27:40 PM | Message # 20
Stage 1
i mean all my chars have shit gear best thing i got is leg abys sword and theres 76 hours on that acc thats best acc i got right now, and it coulda also been when i was in the game with him i calledhim a hacker for the char he has cause i didnt know he got a special char and hr thought i said that i was refering to myself or something of that manner

dothackkingDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 3:14:33 PM | Message # 21
Stage 4
If it matters at all, even with Valk being the one accusing him: Getting someone banned for simply saying they hack (without even a ss) is pretty low. Maybe they were just toying around (doubtful, but it's possible), or maybe he was meaning to talk to someone else, or like he said in the last post. Also someone said they "confirmed" him as a hacker, but once again showed no proof or even stated why (unlike Valk).

RawriesDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 4:49:59 PM | Message # 22
Stage 1
the guy who says that they can confirmed im a hacker ive never played a game with so

TrueShadowDate: Monday, 2009-11-09, 11:04:42 PM | Message # 23
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Quote (IHateWC3)
I was kinda pointing out how dumb this hacker hunting is. Only people you'd really stop is legit wc3 players when you ban them from the map. Hackers can just spoof a new name. Also the only thing you guys have to go off of is the time they've played so there's probably many hackers that have just upped their time and are unnoticed.

I agree with this. This is why I have reported only one hacker out of the many that I have banned from my server because I thought he was an extremely bad influence. Also, I even give suspicious characters 2nd chances if they aren't cocky flamers. Even without name spoofing, if a "Joe" from USEast was name banned on the map, then the "Joe" on USWest is also banned when he is not at fault at all. This is why bot bans should be the only thing being used since bots match up name, realm, and IP.

Note: Time played is indeed meaningless unless they are too stupid to even figure out a reasonable time.

As for Rawries case, it seems very controversial. I have never seen him around, but he can host so that's most likely why.

Message edited by Kevvin - Tuesday, 2009-11-10, 3:43:03 AM

RawriesDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-10, 6:43:24 AM | Message # 24
Stage 1
o kev ive been in the new pvp bot and a guy loaded on me wat do i do in that situation

IHateWC3Date: Tuesday, 2009-11-10, 2:40:35 PM | Message # 25
Stage 1
I can see if they are doing things that are taking away from other people's fun and enjoyment of the map. But it seems meaningless to go through and ban everyone that is suspicious because it'll just hurt the people who actually enjoy the map and don't cheat.

RawriesDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-10, 3:08:42 PM | Message # 26
Stage 1
i like the pvp dont get me wrong its just theres rlly no way to stop people from cheating so i say ask dark to make a specific pvp version? Just a Idea. And me being acussed as a hacker has kinda went off topic but according to valk's rules this thread should been deleted since theres no ss

valkierDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 1:03:27 AM | Message # 27
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
closed for going off topic.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Rawries
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024