Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Off Topic » Music » Metal Swim
Metal Swim
TheLastShaperDate: Monday, 2010-10-25, 4:15:26 AM | Message # 1
Stage 3
Group: Users
Recently Adult Swim released a FREE fully downloadable album named Metal Swim. It's 145 MB with 17 songs on it.
I'll admit they have a few pretty awsome songs on there. Was expecting to get some crap but I was happily surprised.
I would have to say my favorite song off of the album was Hank is Dead by Red Fang. It has good vocals and the opening riff stuck in my head a good while after hearing it. Another reason I like it is it is more old school metal, where everything wasn't about how fast you play and cement truck singing.

There were acouple songs that I just couldn't even listen the whole way through; Witch's Hammer by Zoroaster and Inch Above Sand by Pelican. The first had a gargling scream that I personaly can't stand. The second was instrumental. If I want instrumental I'll listen to some Cello Concertos. Metal/rock has very few good songs/bands that due without vocals, and Inch above Sand was far from them.

I would give it about 7/10 but I haven't fully listened to all the tracks yet. They lost points for having acouple songs where you couldn't understand s---. But overall it has a mix of good and bad songs.

I say get it, it's free and even though I don't like half of the songs doesn't mean you won't.

Message edited by TheLastShaper - Monday, 2010-10-25, 4:34:30 AM

Forum » Off Topic » Music » Metal Swim
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024