Saturday, 2024-05-18, 7:26:09 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Quest ping on Minimap (Too tired to look up bosses maybe... xD)
Quest ping on Minimap
pampeanitoDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-23, 8:53:11 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
I was thinking something usefull for this map (besides new items, new heroes and all that stuff that all of us have thought), and i thought that a great improvement in gameplay will be a Minimap pinging of different quest bosses, for example the tauren chieftain that i couldn't find in-game (lol for that) or the ice troll, the super fun yeti, and all that stuff... Also you can do different ping colors (e.g.: blue means "area of drop", green means "boss", white means "leave the quest item here (xD)"), or maybe a command for quest ping, sorted by quest code (e.g.: widow's ring quest number 3, so you input -pingq 3 and appears the different locations needed to fulfill the quest in the minimap)...
Well that's all folks, leave your opinions...

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-23, 12:17:56 PM | Message # 2
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Nice idea, surprised I myself didn't think of it.

valkierDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-23, 1:20:01 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
I think that they should ping when you get the quests. But think about it, do you realize how many ping's that will make in normal world? The whole mini-map will be full. Also, I don't think it should ping the chaos bosses.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-23, 2:17:43 PM | Message # 4
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Well of course there not going to be pinging all the time.

riotdDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-23, 9:05:27 PM | Message # 5
Stage 2
Better have a limited installed before you get them to answer you with their own pings DC.

Quote (valkier)
I think that they should ping when you get the quests. But think about it, do you realize how many ping's that will make in normal world? The whole mini-map will be full. Also, I don't think it should ping the chaos bosses.

It wouldn't ping all the quests but each time ping the quest you're requesting info on -pingq1, pingq2, pingq3 ect...

valkierDate: Thursday, 2009-12-24, 1:03:03 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
that would literally be over 30 specialized commands, all set to activate only when the individual quest is got. Also, you would have to know the quest number it is. it would take forever to have the command set up for the order in which you got the quest. there's probably thousands of different quest combination's for the order in which you can get them.

SplendorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-03, 3:33:40 AM | Message # 7
Stage 1
Another more 'realistic' method would simply have the NPCs give general directions upon giving quest.

"Quest Accepted: Super Fun Happy Yeti"
"Travel eastward young traveler to the fields of snow, patrol along the highlands northward from there. That is where the beast hides."

Something along those lines? Or maybe activate a box-ping to show the general area upon accepting quest, and that would be it? Only need 1 trigger for that then under all situations since quests are shared amoung allies anyways they would all see what the ping corresponds to monster-wise.

TrueShadowDate: Monday, 2010-01-04, 10:28:31 AM | Message # 8
Stage 10
Quote (Splendor)
"Travel eastward young traveler to the fields of snow, patrol along the highlands northward from there. That is where the beast hides."

I like this idea the best. It gives a hint on where, but doesn't give it all away like a ping. I actually disfavor having a ping reveal it, since then it would be too easy.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Quest ping on Minimap (Too tired to look up bosses maybe... xD)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024