Saturday, 2024-05-18, 11:42:55 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » P Ranger (Nerf idea)
P Ranger
valkierDate: Saturday, 2009-11-14, 1:57:57 AM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
are you kidding? 100x crit? that would jsut be some uber stupid shit. padron my language, but the class is already op, why make it even more? It already has the best inate crit in the game, with assassin's deathstrike coming in at a close second

ace_of_spadezDate: Saturday, 2009-11-14, 2:08:18 AM | Message # 17
Stage 4
Group: Users
i was over exagerating to make a point yes but With the items for crit you must catch it up a bit to make it pointful.

GoonswithSpoonsDate: Sunday, 2009-11-29, 10:10:04 PM | Message # 18
Stage 1
that would make it crazy, it is already one of the best innate crit abilities. As far as critting on multishots I would say have the multishot still go off, but only do normal damage if that is possible, as it is really annoying, especially if you try to fight your way through the medean devourers.

PR's do enough damage already. They have a crazy fast attack animation and an ability that gives them ~5million damage. Compared to any of the other archer characters they are insane. Increase the amount of damage taken, maybe try to fix multishot somehow. In no way does PR really need to do more damage then it already does.

ace_of_spadezDate: Monday, 2009-11-30, 0:07:05 AM | Message # 19
Stage 4
it will if you think about the new bosses comming.

TrueShadowDate: Monday, 2009-11-30, 2:29:30 AM | Message # 20
Stage 10
There's no point in saying to buff him for future bosses...just wait until the new bosses come. You do not know how powerful they will be. If you are going to take the hypothetical route and base your suggestions off of unknown bosses, then take for instance a new boss that is a trillion times tougher than Azazoth, then at which point, your suggestion of 100x crit would be meaningless since 100x of current possible damage would not even scratch him. Obviously, when new bosses come, heroes will be buffed/debuffed as need be.

The only thing you can base buffing or debuffing suggestions on are current relative comparisons to other heroes and their supposed roles/class. So, let's take a look at the tank (RG) versus the dpser (PR). The ratio of PR's damage output compared to RG's damage output is high enough.

Now, let's take a look at the ratio of PR's damage intake versus RG's damage intake. Is it the same as the damage output ratio? Should we make it the same? Those are the balancing questions and decisions you should focus on...not hypothetical situations of future bosses.

GoonswithSpoonsDate: Monday, 2009-11-30, 2:53:13 PM | Message # 21
Stage 1
The PR will do more damage with new bosses coming out, I am fairly sure the level cap will be raised, what with the Sin items having a stated level req of 1337, and with the new levels will come more gear and more damage. Compared to any other hero, except possibly the elementalist the PR does amazing damage. I would prefer to see the other heros balanced up to the position of the PR rather then have it buffed even farther beyond them.

riotdDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 3:29:47 PM | Message # 22
Stage 2
Quote (GoonswithSpoons)
the other heros balanced up to the position of the PR

This takes more time than nerfing one hero or boosting it and rarely happens in any game since you've got to work with things specific to the concerned heros: skills. But it would do a great deal of good to the game if done properly since the population of heros other than PR would grow.

valkierDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 11:50:00 PM | Message # 23
Webmaster
Quote (GoonswithSpoons)
I am fairly sure the level cap will be raised, what with the Sin items having a stated level req of 1337

Well, if you really knew ANYTHING about the game as you state all those facts you would know that the Sin items are like that because players aren't supposed to be able to get them.

riotdDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 3:36:08 PM | Message # 24
Stage 2
Well, if you really knew ANYTHING about the game as you state all those facts you would know that the Sin items are like that because players aren't supposed to be able to get them.

If that ain't obvious I don't know what is...

God_Of_DeathDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 8:44:14 PM | Message # 25
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
It is high lvl so we can't use them but the level cap is being raised as well.

GoonswithSpoonsDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 1:03:37 PM | Message # 26
Stage 1
Quote (valkier)

Well duh, of course we aren't supposed to have them yet. Perhaps we are supposed to have them, at a higher level? Unless I missed darkchaos stating somewhere he was going to lower the level reqs of sin items back down to 999 what you said and what I said are almost exactly the same, or at least have the same end result. Not sure why you are trying to be so snarky about it.

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 5:37:05 PM | Message # 27
Stage 10
The sin items were never meant to be used...only hackers would have them, so darkchaos upped the level requirement. However, if you wish to further discuss this, please do so in a new thread...any further posts will be removed.

SplendorDate: Monday, 2009-12-28, 0:43:55 AM | Message # 28
Stage 1
I play a PR and I totally agree. I can tank Azaroth for 5 min and that is silly. All high DPS should take ~300% more damage. That is why PR and Ele are the most popular and why I picked both as 2/4 my 999s. They are imbalanced and need to be nerfed; the damage is fine, the intake should be buffed.

This has a duel affect of causing Ele and PR to becmoe less common picks. While RGs and other tank classes are not only desired but welcomed. Seriously, who even needs a healer class right now? Nobody 999 with Sphere can die except to Aza so what is point? Miright? XD

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » P Ranger (Nerf idea)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024