Saturday, 2024-05-18, 2:35:51 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Skill passives/orbs
Skill passives/orbs
SoiDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 4:08:21 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
- Okay so... Maybe I should've just added this to my other post but that wouldn't be fun but in any case here it is.

- I think that skill passives (the orbs) should either be turned on and off OR they should take precedence over item orbs. Persay Master Rogue's poison, In my understanding, that skill is an orb? Otherwise Id see it working, but since I have God's Aura (And that aura gives fire attack... kinda useless since its only use is to hit those darn dragons), I mean unless the skill doesn't actually work which would kinda suck since if i take my Aura of Gods off, Its actually plenty useful, but I lose 9999 all stats which I kinda don't wanna lose since that's where the HP comes from =x

- Anyways, my point here is that because God's aura is useful early on, very useful actually, the orb system should be fixed so that the skill orbs will take precedence over item orbs. That or remove the fire orb from aura of gods, since its killing some skill orbs (mainly noticed this on master rogue)

- Or we can make the poison a castable passive that will cost 1 mana per attack which will make it so that it can be right clicked for autocasting, and will also make it so that it takes precedence over item orbs. =x

- Last note: I apologize if this has been noted previously, I just thought this should be noted.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 7:39:53 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
I've seen that Poison Skill stacks with Vamp Orb. I don't know what other kinds of orbs stack, if any. I know item orbs in inventory rarely stack, and the highest one up overrides others-unless it's vamp. (I've seen where orb of fire effect stacked with itself-the splash damage is more because of the extra orb effect)

Fire Orb overrides Poison Skill? Okay, I'll have to remember that...(are you sure though? It might just not not appear to work, but checking buffs may show it does. Not easy though-I hear MR's poison lasts about a hit...and should be about 3....)
You mean like a "Poison Arrow"....other orbs may still override that.

I don't think it has been noted previously, however there was a guy complaining about the fire on Aura of Gods with no explanation or much of anything.....just whining....(later he did explain it was PR's multishot....but he still seemed like a whiner -.-)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 9:30:05 AM | Message # 3
Lead Moderator
Yes, it has been stated before...I remember reading it a long, long time ago..... Anyways, I don't remember if darkchaos ever said anything on the topic... So here's his chance!

But honestly I would like to see the fire orb removed from aura of the gods...then I might start getting it on PR..

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 10:48:08 AM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Just get it on PR and snag Mino Axe at same time....or another LS item. LS "stacks" with lots of orb effects. Poison skill can still hit, multishot fires normal shots out. I think it even does LS on all cleave hits, I don't know about that though....and it MIGHT even stack partially with Incinerate (but really know little about that)

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 0:32:31 AM | Message # 5
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sandman366)
Just get it on PR and snag Mino Axe at same time....or another LS item. LS "stacks" with lots of orb effects. Poison skill can still hit, multishot fires normal shots out. I think it even does LS on all cleave hits, I don't know about that though....and it MIGHT even stack partially with Incinerate (but really know little about that)

1) Yes, but what about when your trying to replace the mino axe with a demonic weapon to do more dmg?

2) No, you do not get LS off the units that get cleaved. Just the single attacked unit gives you the Life back from LS.

3) No, Doesn't work with incinerate. You can test to double check, if you want.

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 8:00:01 AM | Message # 6
Stage 9
1. Bleh, you shouldn't do that so you can keep multishot. Just get, say...Void Ring? :P (Maybe the Despair thing, forget what it's called at the moment.....7k strength 5k agi 2k int or something)
2. Aww, that's a shame...You sure? I thought they did...could swear it did....maybe not....
3. I'll PM about this one....since it involves *gasp* another map where I've seen it seem to...(Let me clarify though, it was Vamp Aura and not a LS item..)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Thursday, 2011-07-14, 8:00:45 AM

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 8:21:57 AM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Group: Users
vamp aura is alot diffrent then lifesteal o.o vamp aura stacks with any orb effect i believe surprised

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 9:50:59 AM | Message # 8
Stage 9
Just one question-how EXACTLY does it stack?
Like Incinerate-does it vamp with every single bit of bonus damage, AND the explosion?
Or Cleave-all cleave damage is vamp'd?

I know for a fact Thorns Aura stacks with Cleave-because...well......cleave attack a group with thorns aura. THAT HURTS!!

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 11:01:15 AM | Message # 9
Lead Moderator
Ok... Auras is getting a little off topic, but I"ll explain:

An Aura is a totally different bonus than an orb...you can have all the different auras you want, and they all work, but if you have 2 of the same aura it will take the stronger bonus of that aura, and the other will do nothing. (they have to be the exact type of aura otherwise you could have a devotion aura & another type of armor aura, which would allow you to have armor stacked auras)...

Orbs on the other hand work almost opposite. You can have 1 type of orb and multiples of that type, but not other types. Yes, some orbs do defy this rule (like LS & cold), and IDK why :P

So ALL the auras (yes vamp aura too) + any orb will work.

Cleave isn't an orb or an aura it's a passive attack. But Incinerate is an orb. Cleave will always work with LS orb, but Incinerate will not. You only get life back from the SINGLE targeted monster.

Hope that answers your question fully, and if so Ima close this...

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 12:29:41 PM | Message # 10
Stage 9
I guess that explains MY questions...(for now at least)
Don't know about Soi's :P

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Skill passives/orbs
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024