Saturday, 2024-05-18, 12:24:32 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Cot Pom Foc..... On STARCRAFT?!?!?!!
Cot Pom Foc..... On STARCRAFT?!?!?!!
lightvizerDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 12:16:58 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
With the warcraft 3 engine being ancient why not make the game on starcraft 2? There is already quite a few rpgs on their and the cool thing is there is no code. You get save slots that auto save ur hero and when u join the next game u just pick which hero u want to use and BAM its there. Not to mention the player base on starcraft would be much higher seeing how it is newer. and as for the heroes u could remake it with just one pillar with like 6 heroes to start it out.

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 12:32:27 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
because they would have to redo everything on starcraft program :P

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

lightvizerDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 12:37:05 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
true but like i said, there is more people on starcraft for one.. the hero save is EPIC, the skins for the heroes and all of the creeps would be EPIC. Plus blizzard IS going to make a warcraft 4 ANYWAYS so this current cot map will just.. Die.. so it will have to either be remade anyways.. or dropped.. and forgotten..

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 2:10:31 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
lol?

CoT wont die for a long long time :P

DraculaDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 2:16:19 PM | Message # 5
Stage 2
As someone who owns a copy of Starcraft 2 and pulls it out every now and again, I can safely say that this map should stay on Warcraft.

A: Basically, what Ghost mentioned. The downtime (as far as map production goes) that would result from transferring the entire project over would be enormous if the current rate of production is any indication, and mapping on SC2 is far more complicated/takes a lot longer than that of WC.

B: The popularity system sucks. If you already play, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, maps are displayed in the games list by the number of hours played over a certain amount of time. In other words, it's inherently discriminatory against new maps, and you'd have to have a looooot of pull/PR in the Starcraft 2 gaming world (or an inside connection with Blizzard) to get your map even remotely close to the first page. My point is that it probably wouldn't get played very much. While I don't know what darkchaos's mapping philosophy is (he might even think that a small playerbase is a good thing), most people would view that as a waste of work.

C: The playerbase on Starcraft 2, as relevant to the cause of PoM FoC, is probably not much higher than that of Warcraft 3. The number of players has dropped dramatically over the months - while the total playerbase is still probably higher than WC3, most of them don't even touch custom maps. Starcraft 2 was basically Activision's attempt to lure console gamers into becoming RTS addicts, and the poorly balanced ladder metagame (for those who don't know, Zerg is a total joke in SC2) drives scores of people away daily.

D: There is hardly a need for useless gimmicks. Is typing -load XXXX-XXXX-etc. really THAT hard?

In summary, the only real improvement Starcraft 2 has to offer is its game engine. A decision to move would simply cause controversy and possibly even destroy the map, since it would split an already small community into those who desire the continuation of the WC3 iteration and those who want the map updated on SC2.

You want to see decent maps for SC2 just as badly as I do, light, but trust me when I say trying to get mappers to port existing projects from one game to another never ends well. >.>
Besides, that image I just had of Satan wearing a spacesuit inspired hilarity in me and not fear.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 2:41:15 PM | Message # 6
Stage 9
i dont like sc2 custom maps all that much >.>

most if not all are remakes of war3 maps :P but very poorly done lol

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 3:48:43 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Dracula)
Satan wearing a spacesuit

Diablo Marine. You know you wanna get pwnt by him. Don't lie.

But yeah, as nice as it sounds at first, it's not a very good idea to remake this on SC2. The Popularity thing is pretty pathetic, and cmon, SC2 isn't really built for custom games yet. Give it a couple of years so people could make their own SC2 editor and maybe we'll have good maps, until then we're stuck with remakes, crap, beta/unfinished maps, and good maps that were left to rot.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 5:02:08 PM | Message # 8
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Yeah i got sc2 when it came out. Pretty much.
I got a couple of requests by people to put it on sc2, but, nah.

Im not going to put ti on sc2. Maybe like 8 years from now, though.

Waugriff said he was to make a cot map on sc2 like 5 years ago. (Yes i remember that)

So you can least look forward to that.

ANd for sc2 players, youll find this interesting:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3085760#blog

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 5:21:16 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Did find that interesting, and saw before the link :P

Didn't expect it to go on SC2 anytime soon too.

My SC2 showed up the day after it came out....you? (Collectors edition was shipped..lol)

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-12, 8:43:28 PM | Message # 10
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
a couple of days after it came out i got it at best buy

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 7:41:46 AM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Of course, like, the day after I got mine I had to go on a trip....(was borrowing someone else's comp just to play SC2, didn't have mine yet then, and they wouldn't let me borrow it for my 2 week trip)

Anyway, I think the point of the thread was asking for CoT to be on SC2, and I think we've determined that won't happen for quite a long time....

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 9:22:57 AM | Message # 12
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sandman366)
Anyway, I think the point of the thread was asking for CoT to be on SC2, and I think we've determined that won't happen for quite a long time....

Yep. Closing!

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Cot Pom Foc..... On STARCRAFT?!?!?!!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024