Saturday, 2024-05-18, 1:04:31 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » [Hero Suggestion] Skeletal Knight
[Hero Suggestion] Skeletal Knight
Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 5:35:40 PM | Message # 16
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (meOme)
You can either set the range to 0 or set the allowed targets to "self" to make it work on him only.

Thought you could do "self" for targeting abilities, didn't know aura effects did that too (I guess that's old fashion buffs lol)

Quote (meOme)
Brilliance Aura works exactly the same way as Unholy Aura. Both heal either a constant or a % of your max hp/mana.

Not a clue for what I was thinking of I guess. %faster regen.....must be something...not a clue though...

Quote (meOme)
Well, the living/undead thing can be left out I guess. Would be better if he's supposed to be able to heal allies too. ^^
(Even though this would turn him into a kind of undead paladin... mmh :/ )

Basically it makes him King Death Knight/Lich King, which kinda fits the abilities. We've got one thing we can't decide to use Death Coil base (Death Knight) or Unholy Aura base (still Death Knight); we're got another that has a Reincarnation base (which was Tauren Chieftain and Pit Lord, at least I think Pit Lord had it, and I think something else too). An "anti-Devotion" aura (no?) with a devotion aura like base, but affects the opposite side (enemy not ally) and debuff rather than buff (so it's the opposite, thus the Anti-Devotion aura, and I think Devo Aura was a Paladin skill anyway I think). So the only skill we have here that isn't based on an Undead skill or Paladin skill is something based on Immolation.
Did I go overboard? :/

Quote (meOme)
Did I miss something?

I think so but it's not worth explaining.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

meOmeDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 5:41:42 PM | Message # 17
Stage 3
Group: Users
Quote (Sandman366)
Not a clue for what I was thinking of I guess. %faster regen.....must be something...not a clue though...

Unholy Aura says that it increases your hp reg by x%, but that's a lie, a lie I tell you! xD

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 5:44:48 PM | Message # 18
Stage 9
Quote (meOme)
Unholy Aura says that it increases your hp reg by x%, but that's a lie, a lie I tell you! xD

Any tests to prove this? :P

Malevolent criminal I,

meOmeDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 5:56:52 PM | Message # 19
Stage 3
Yes. Give a unit that has 0 hp reg Unholy Aura and it gets hp reg. It has absolutely nothing to do with the unit's hp reg without the aura. I also tested that it is a constant value.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 6:04:49 PM | Message # 20
Stage 9
Maybe it's % and set, don't know. Anyway, I think we're getting off topic...
No other thoughts currently on the topic however...so we need someone else to talk lol

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 6:26:22 PM | Message # 21
Stage 7
I think it makes your base regen increased as opposed to regenerating that amount.

meOmeDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 6:27:35 PM | Message # 22
Stage 3
One last off topic post:

It is not "% and set", it is only a constant value. A unit with 0 reg gets the same bonus as a unit with 1000 reg.

Quote (God_Of_Death)
I think it makes your base regen increased as opposed to regenerating that amount.

That... makes absolutely no difference. xD

Message edited by meOme - Monday, 2011-04-04, 6:28:31 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 6:42:22 PM | Message # 23
Stage 7
It means that if you regen 10 and it gives a 10% boost you get 11, as opposed to having 1000 hp and regenerating 100 per second from 10%

meOmeDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 7:00:29 PM | Message # 24
Stage 3
I feel like people are trying really hard not to understand me. cry

I HAVE TESTED IT. IT GIVES A CONSTANT BONUS.

If you set the value to 1:
10 base reg --> 11 reg
100 base reg --> 101 reg
1000 base reg ---> 1001 reg

IT IS NOT A PERCENTAGE.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 7:15:55 PM | Message # 25
Stage 9
I think we all just thought it was what death said it was and were confused that it was the way you say it is. Silly Blizzard and their nondescript skill descriptions. (There are some that give GREAT tooltips, but seriously, those aura ones just seem to suck.)
Wait, didn't some of Blizzard's tooltips have %s? *Sigh* I guess nobody will ever say what it truly is until Blizzard comes out and says it. (To each their own I guess. We could always just have two theories on what it is and just say we're not sure. You'll obviously just say that, and I'll just decline to explain :P)

Anyway, so it's a Death Knight/Pit Lord(/Tauren)/Demon Hunter mix with a reverse-Devotion Aura sort of thing. Doesn't that just about sum it up?

Malevolent criminal I,

ShakiDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 7:17:45 PM | Message # 26
Stage 2
First off, i'm here to give constructive feedback. And i'm not gonna be nice about it.

There is many many power issues, the concept is quite nice, altough he is insanely overpowered. One he has 3 passives, which is already an issue, very few heroes can have 3 passives and not be OP. Second, the passive are overpowered, at 1/2% life regen, for a tank that could be around 1 million HP a second, which is VERY op. Third, reducing an opponents armor by more than 5% can be a major power difference, the difference between azzy having 30% armor is the difference of the ability to solo him. Fourth, the ultimate is an overpowered ability by alot, immolation, althoguh if it were weaker i wouldn't sconsider it much of an issue, but if it did significant damage it would be. My suggestions are try rethinking the general strengths of the abilities, and try to find some castables, or something that isnt an aura.

smile

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 7:31:34 PM | Message # 27
Stage 7
Also immolation would be overtaken by lexium crystal by the end.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 7:45:42 PM | Message # 28
Stage 9
Quote (Shaki)
Second, the passive are overpowered, at 1/2% life regen, for a tank that could be around 1 million HP a second, which is VERY op.

Which requires 4M strength. Last time I checked that's not too easy without being....oh.....999? With Azazoth items? And probably Lexium too? If that's even possible that is. In which case, perhaps you deserve to be able to regen 1M a second.

Quote (Shaki)
Third, reducing an opponents armor by more than 5% can be a major power difference, the difference between azzy having 30% armor is the difference of the ability to solo him.

We changed to more like 20%. And it's not that Azazoth HAS 30%, it's that he loses that much. And nobody said it couldn't be different for bosses. It's probably triggered since it's a % (maybe not, don't know) but it could trigger for a boss to give a bonus to armor since that could be overpowered. However since in another thread we're probably buffing bosses anyway, perhaps that'll be fixed.

Quote (Shaki)
Fourth, the ultimate is an overpowered ability by alot, immolation, althoguh if it were weaker i wouldn't sconsider it much of an issue, but if it did significant damage it would be.

It'd have to do over 50k dps just do hit 1.5k on chaotic beings. Plus, I don't remember him giving any damage for it, but that it'll have a bunch of levels.

Quote (Shaki)
My suggestions are try rethinking the general strengths of the abilities, and try to find some castables, or something that isnt an aura.

He was thinking of replacing his regen bonus thing to a castable heal that'll also deal damage, and the ultimate is still technically a cast. It might not have much of a manacost, but by the time you're killing goddesses no skill manacosts are really that expensive anyway (unless it's a % of MP, which'd be difficult to balance, or if it's a chaotic boss's item)

Malevolent criminal I,

ShakiDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-05, 7:25:36 PM | Message # 29
Stage 2
Quote (Sandman366)
Quote (Shaki)
Second, the passive are overpowered, at 1/2% life regen, for a tank that could be around 1 million HP a second, which is VERY op.

Which requires 4M strength. Last time I checked that's not too easy without being....oh.....999? With Azazoth items? And probably Lexium too? If that's even possible that is. In which case, perhaps you deserve to be able to regen 1M a second.

Quote (Shaki)
Third, reducing an opponents armor by more than 5% can be a major power difference, the difference between azzy having 30% armor is the difference of the ability to solo him.

We changed to more like 20%. And it's not that Azazoth HAS 30%, it's that he loses that much. And nobody said it couldn't be different for bosses. It's probably triggered since it's a % (maybe not, don't know) but it could trigger for a boss to give a bonus to armor since that could be overpowered. However since in another thread we're probably buffing bosses anyway, perhaps that'll be fixed.

Quote (Shaki)
Fourth, the ultimate is an overpowered ability by alot, immolation, althoguh if it were weaker i wouldn't sconsider it much of an issue, but if it did significant damage it would be.

It'd have to do over 50k dps just do hit 1.5k on chaotic beings. Plus, I don't remember him giving any damage for it, but that it'll have a bunch of levels.

Quote (Shaki)
My suggestions are try rethinking the general strengths of the abilities, and try to find some castables, or something that isnt an aura.

He was thinking of replacing his regen bonus thing to a castable heal that'll also deal damage, and the ultimate is still technically a cast. It might not have much of a manacost, but by the time you're killing goddesses no skill manacosts are really that expensive anyway (unless it's a % of MP, which'd be difficult to balance, or if it's a chaotic boss's item)

That was just bashing on everything said, but you do understand i was talking about the HERO not about the boss getting a buff, for that was NOT mentioned, and i'm talking about what WAS mentioned, you cannot bring things to complain that aren't existant. Also 50k DPS is still alot of money, all auras is generally not done because of how overpowered it is, and that would be good to replace it with a castable, although it would ruin the characters balance, as he is obviously a tank. and 4m strength isn't very hard to get, and you're forgetting the items that give around 100m to HP (or however much it is.) i play a tank i would know, when you are given 500K HP regen at level 999 as an ultimate weapon it makes you untouchable to only a few mobs, if it was an ability then its still overpowered. Also, we ARE talking in the sense of max levels, as this is where the balance is most noted and important in. I hope you understand you don't submit a hero suggestion talking about his level 1 aspect, the most balancing is the most important at level 999, just like any game, at level 100 you dont really need to be weak, you CAN be overpowered at a low level because it's supposed to get HARDER. -.-' i know what i'm talking about, and these words werent to be directed to you, thank's for the comment but i believe it's entirely false, i appreciate the effort.
(not to sound like a troll)

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-04-05, 8:01:45 PM | Message # 30
Stage 9
wow lol calm down xD

wont let me quote so

Also 50k DPS is still alot of money
what does this mean lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » [Hero Suggestion] Skeletal Knight
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024