Saturday, 2024-05-18, 5:57:01 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Tomes (Nerfed or kept the same?)
Tomes
Should tomes be nerfed or the same, or even stronger?
1. Keep them the same [ 5 ] [13.51%]
2. Make them the same but cost more (give a suggestion) [ 2 ] [5.41%]
3. Raise the price and lower the stat gain [ 5 ] [13.51%]
4. Lower the stat gain for the same price [ 1 ] [2.70%]
5. Raise the stats same price [ 10 ] [27.03%]
6. Raise the stats and lower the price [ 4 ] [10.81%]
7. Other (give in post) [ 10 ] [27.03%]
Answers total: 37
KySotoDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 11:44:10 AM | Message # 31
Sub mod.
Group: Users
the number of stats is caped at 65k because its 2^16 and removing them altogether fixes your problems late game but then kills it early game when it REALLY makes a difference. and lastly implementing a cap for each stat would be realllly easy. i could even provide the code if absolutely needed...

valkierDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 9:36:56 PM | Message # 32
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
I say make the price higher and lower the stat gain. i mean, lets face it, its not like its hard to get gold with the arena. very hard coop in chaos can net you millions in one trip easy. As for maxing stats at lvl 1 then leveling, that wouldn't make any difference, seeing as the 65k stat isn't the cap. it's just the cap at what saves. you could save with 78k and when you load you'd have 65k again.

AlexengDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 4:50:33 AM | Message # 33
Stage 4
What about using a trigger for the price? The higher your level, the higher the cost.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 12:35:02 PM | Message # 34
Stage 4
Well... My suggestion is to remove them from the normal world entirely and nerf the starting creeps so level 1s can actually level without them. Then you can simply have the tome merchant reappear in chaos when it's actually needed.

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-01-01, 10:01:13 PM | Message # 35
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Mystic_Prophet)
Well... My suggestion is to remove them from the normal world entirely and nerf the starting creeps so level 1s can actually level without them. Then you can simply have the tome merchant reappear in chaos when it's actually needed.

Well we could nerf the Forgotten crap majorly so people don't think they need 100k stats to last 3s on them. (That exaggeration isn't THAT big...you need like 2-3 Waug rings to tank them for most heroes, by the time you have 3-4 better items are available.)

Or how about this: Cap is raised...certain boss drops raise cap a bit more for people (like hidden tome things, with a command to see if you have them). Or just helping/being near counts. For it to count...you need the level to use that boss's items. When in normal world you have the lowest cape, entering the Chaotic world gives a higher cap, Demon Prince gives yet another cap (and another reason to kill him), all other bosses give more cap raises. To get "max" stats, you'd have to get all of these cap bonuses. Say...helping to kill every boss including the Forgotten Leader and Azazoth, but you haven't done anything with the Demon Prince...you'd need to kill the Demon Prince to max savable stats. (Specific bosses don't give specific bonuses to stats, each step up gives higher and higher maxes per bonus. Best example I can think of would be something like the Fibonacci Sequence...) Oh...and for costs...would depend on how many tomes you've bought and what "cap level" you're at. (Then I think about this blob of text and realize I just put like 2-5 different ideas/systems there....)

Of course...we're just piling ideas...totally up to DC.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Tomes (Nerfed or kept the same?)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024