Saturday, 2024-05-18, 5:43:18 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » The Dragoon (Such a cool char.)
The Dragoon
UnholyDemonDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-25, 7:38:15 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
So, i have to say that my favorite character in the original game was without a doubt, The Dragoon. He was also the most powerful ( not that they're connected at all.. wink ) So, i was hoping i could throw in some suggestions for him when he is rebalanced.
ABILITIES-
The Dragoon has some cool abilities. btw, hes got a 2 sec 15% chance bash if you didnt already know. but he could be cooler.
His Transformation- his transformation i think makes him weaker. it does normal damage and works like the demon hunters metamorphosis. But it really doesnt do anything. i mean, it might add a couple thousand hp or something, but other than that, he does nothing. i think that this ability should be traded out for something entirely different, or maybe traded out for a transformation that increases his maximum attack speed.
his bash could be changed to a bash/critical strike. thatd be cool.
his fire wave spell is entirely pointless too, as it does a solid number.
i forgot his other ability. its cool though.
- My reconstruction-
Stats- strength based, with moderately high agility and moderately low intelligence.
Faster attackspeed, maybe like 1.5-1.75 would be nice.
Abilities-
Freezing breath- Appearance* 3 lines of 5 Ice novas that reach out in a range of about 650 in front of the Dragoon.* Deals STR x4 at level one. 1 more ice nova each level with range reaching the appropriate ends.
Blaze- Creates a gigantic fire around the dragoon. Appearance* a large red dragon comes from the sky and fires a burst of 6 or 7 fire projectiles around the Dragoon that create large explosions, while the dragon continues to circle about in a large area creating these explosions.* deals str x 2 dmg every 3 seconds, is channeled, lasts for 20 seconds, 5 seconds a level.
Dragon Skin- every time a unit attacked the dragoon, its damage is reduced by 0.75% ( of 100.00%) and its attack speed is reduced by a very small amount as well.
Special- The dragoon transforms into a weaker version of a Chaos Dragon, that does a less effective form of chaos damage and have a less resistant form of chaos armor, if that can happen.
Edit- on second thought, maybe blaze is too OP.. up to you guys.

Message edited by UnholyDemon - Wednesday, 2010-08-25, 7:40:48 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-25, 7:53:45 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
The problem with this is blaze, dragon skin, and his chaos dragon transformation are all overpowered. The transformation is stupidly powerful even at 2x.

UnholyDemonDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-25, 8:00:22 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
Yeah im not that good at balancing. im more relying on DC or someone else whos good at it to come along and tell me whats what. on my Chaos Wolf too.

Added (2010-08-25, 8:00:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
And btw i messed up on Dragon Skin.. silly me.. the cap for the reduction would be at like.. a low number (lol).

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 0:44:33 AM | Message # 4
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
I dont really feel like updating the hero with new abilities, but rather just update them to work end game.

If you proposed a new hero that looks exaactly the same, that would be a different story.

lightvizerDate: Sunday, 2010-08-29, 7:34:58 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
pllleeeeaaasssseeee update the dragoon to work endgame and make his ultimate do something.. it really does do nothing.. haha but ya the dragoon is awsome.

myrealDate: Monday, 2010-08-30, 6:01:34 PM | Message # 6
Stage 3
Dragon breath with x str damage is fine, you can also cause his bash to do x str damage as well, and give him hellspawn armor buff. change his transformation ranged damage to hero, splash and you have an updated hero.

as for pf
heavy weap,
plate armor
allows him to benefit from the str stats from heavy and plate armor.

Also keep in mind that most of these heroes have say fire breath, thats 2 updated abilities, just go back and change the stat multiplier based on str or agi.

Savior, Panda, Mountain king all have stomp so all those heroes have stat damage.
Hell spawn and spider queen have roar, so those 2 have updated skills, see what am saying dark?

Also the bash x str/agi abilities can be used as new abilities on heroes, eg savior and all other heroes who have bash.

ZerglingGodDate: Thursday, 2010-09-02, 11:17:03 PM | Message # 7
Stage 1
I actually use Dragoon too, his ultimate actually does lower his attack cooldown from what I can tell 1.75 to 1.7 or somthing like that, not much but he also is considered flying as far as being targeted is concerned so you can avoid fighting melee mobs or even heros without orbs.

As far as changing his skills I was thinking about this last night of a really lazy way to do this, you could change attribute bonus into a tome which would give stats just the way the do now but every 100 levels or so it would add an ability to the tome based on either stat, tavern or if your really lazy just code the skills to use the heros primary attribute to calc damage and leave them all the same.

Bam balanced, easy, and characters still have uniquness from there normal abilitys, although most are useless late game sad

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » The Dragoon (Such a cool char.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024