Friday, 2024-04-19, 7:51:05 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » New Map developers and new schedules (New version of the map currently in progress.)
New Map developers and new schedules
HotwerNevermoreDate: Thursday, 2017-05-25, 5:25:04 AM | Message # 16
Lead Map Developer
Group: File Master
I can think of having more levels, but due to the fact that everything scales with stats, I don't see a reason to just upgrade skill levels. It's best to make the skills more enjoyable (with bigger changes) after a certain amount of levels, and also use it's values to easily balance out everything.

joschawellerDate: Friday, 2017-05-26, 4:53:27 AM | Message # 17
Stage 1
Group: Users
Yes balance requirements will show in test stage of the new version...

In latest versions it is mostly the level requirement on items that slows down the evolution.

I remember older versions where there was no level requirement. You could luckily kill a highlevel boss or just follow Savior for good usable drops. And get like 4000 dps with level 2...

It was one unique and enjoyable feature of PomFoC to rise quickly. The lategame was more slowly anyway.

HotwerNevermoreDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-30, 11:58:22 PM | Message # 18
Lead Map Developer
Version 1.30b released!

Message edited by HotwerNevermore - Wednesday, 2017-05-31, 0:04:24 AM

NOCFeRnAlDate: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 7:23:21 AM | Message # 19
Stage 3
Alot of levels in skills allow to balance snowballing of hero more precisely. I believe that supposed to work this way. Well in terms of CoT its really mostly PvE so why do one need balance there, no?

Also !!!Please!!! dont put orb based attack modifiers in any sets. Like Cold or Fire or Lightning attack, or Corruption.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

Message edited by NOCFeRnAl - Thursday, 2017-06-01, 7:26:26 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 3:56:18 PM | Message # 20
Lead Map Developer
Quote NOCFeRnAl ()
Alot of levels in skills allow to balance snowballing of hero more precisely. I believe that supposed to work this way. Well in terms of CoT its really mostly PvE so why do one need balance there, no?

It is, but it creates a lot of overhead on the loading time. And the game has a well known big loading time, so there are alternatives using triggers (like using the hero level as multiplier as well with the stats,
So the skill progression trough levels are still there, and the precise snowball) or using a Skill Level up screen, and other things. There's not need to rely on the object editor (I tried to use something simillar to add bonus stats). In time, I will think in something that doesn't create overhead, but still can give alot of variety and options).

Quote NOCFeRnAl ()
Also !!!Please!!! dont put orb based attack modifiers in any sets. Like Cold or Fire or Lightning attack, or Corruption.

I agree, there's no need to keep that.

Added (2017-06-01, 3:56:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Some updates and bugfixes on version 1.30.1b

devilxshadow9982Date: Saturday, 2017-06-03, 7:36:19 AM | Message # 21
Stage 1
Some if not most generalized items in the chaos world where you have to actively kill mobs i.e horror, void, demonic etc, should be raised a bit because there shouldn't be any given time where you have to farm for hours for a single item if you're remotely lucky, playing currently at the time of creating this post that I've spent about 2-3 hours in this single game killing horrors and haven't obtained a single bow, its as non existent as the sin weapon and armor that's from the only thing in game that annoys everyone that only one hero can actually kill. I personally have an issue with not being rewarded for the time and effort being put into trying to get something that shouldn't be rarer than Thanatos legendary wings back in 1.22b where I got two in a single game back to back.

Edit: Note this is for a PR and in the span of said time I've obtained 5 leather pieces within an hour.

Message edited by devilxshadow9982 - Saturday, 2017-06-03, 7:38:47 AM

richardstein7Date: Monday, 2017-06-05, 1:58:37 AM | Message # 22
Stage 1
hi wink 

found some bugs and improvements for you.

Evil Shopkeeper's Necklace
Item Type: Quest
Level Requirement: 50

Item will be not saved. Would be great if you could save it.

Craftings "Godslayer Set" destroy my "Iron Golem Fist" Item

Iron golem first + Medean Curse  was in slot 1+2
slot 3+4+5  was Saviors armor , greater saviors sword , Saviors Cloak
slot 6 free for recipe

after i press "create Godslayer set" -> craft was successfull , but my Iron Golem Fist item destroyed.

Pheonix Ranger Ability: Flaming Bow(F)
after you skill this ability there is no symbol in hero menu, but still raise dmg (hidden)

greetz richy

Message edited by richardstein7 - Monday, 2017-06-05, 6:07:08 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-06-05, 6:37:16 AM | Message # 23
Lead Map Developer
Quote devilxshadow9982 ()
Some if not most generalized items in the chaos world where you have to actively kill mobs i.e horror, void, demonic etc

This will be a part of my great rebalancing of all the game, don't worry about it.

Quote richardstein7 ()
Evil Shopkeeper's Necklace
Item Type: Quest
Level Requirement: 50

I thought it was saving as normal. I willl double check it.

Quote richardstein7 ()
Craftings "Godslayer Set" destroy my "Iron Golem Fist" Item

Iron golem first + Medean Curse  was in slot 1+2
slot 3+4+5  was Saviors armor , greater saviors sword , Saviors Cloak
slot 6 free for recipe

after i press "create Godslayer set" -> craft was successfull , but my Iron Golem Fist item destroyed.

The Godslayer Set seems to be destroying whatever the first item you're using. Not sure why. I will take a look into this problem.

Quote richardstein7 ()
Pheonix Ranger Ability: Flaming Bow(F)
after you skill this ability there is no symbol in hero menu, but still raise dmg (hidden)

Not sure what's the problem. This skill has only one level (or few, I will recheck it) and once you get it, it scales with Agility.

Message edited by HotwerNevermore - Monday, 2017-06-05, 6:38:47 AM

NOCFeRnAlDate: Monday, 2017-06-05, 6:24:38 PM | Message # 24
Stage 3
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Not sure what's the problem. This skill has only one level (or few, I will recheck it) and once you get it, it scales with Agility.

He meant theres no displayed ability in abilities section for hero user to check what it exactly does. just blank slot.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

HotwerNevermoreDate: Tuesday, 2017-06-06, 0:20:29 AM | Message # 25
Lead Map Developer
Version 1.30.2b out.
Changelog:

richardstein7Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 1:48:09 AM | Message # 26
Stage 1
1. If too many monsters are in the infinity struggle and Dark Savior activates his
metamophosis causing the surface damage extremely low FPS. It is hardly playable yet.

2. Dark Savior Balance: his abilitys are to weak on early. need a buff. seems ok if he reach lvl 301, but he need more skill levels on this abilitys and higher multipliert to get stronger in lategame.

3. Dark Saviors Metamorph Ability need a better detailed description. (No details known)

4. Dark Savior need another "weapon proficiency" (Staff - Cloth) because all his abilitys and mainstat on INT-based.

5. Would be nice if you can nerf the Boss Arcaden near the Gods. he is harder to kill than the Gods self.

greetings

Message edited by richardstein7 - Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 6:03:45 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 6:26:59 AM | Message # 27
Lead Map Developer
Quote richardstein7 ()
1. If too many monsters are in the infinity struggle and Dark Savior activates his
metamophosis causing the surface damage extremely low FPS. It is hardly playable yet.

2. Dark Savior Balance: his abilitys are to weak on early. need a buff. seems ok if he reach lvl 301, but he need more skill levels on this abilitys and higher multipliert to get stronger in lategame.

3. Dark Saviors Metamorph Ability need a better detailed description. (No details known)

4. Dark Savior need another "weapon proficiency" (Staff - Cloth) because all his abilitys and mainstat on INT-based.

5. Would be nice if you can nerf the Boss Arcaden near the Gods. he is harder to kill than the Gods self.

Thanks for the reports.

5. It is really weird, but, by now, it's almost a signature. Maybe we can change that in the future, but I think he's still be like that (come to think of it, he's a Godslayer, he should be stronger than the Gods, in a lore perspective).

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 7:49:53 AM | Message # 28
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Full proof of permission granted to HotwerNevermore.

Post has also been made on https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads....166681.

HotwerNevermore has been promoted to lead game designer group. However, I forgot the password to the control panel and as such I cannot do this, so I hope that valkier will do this on my behalf. Thanks again!

Thanks again for everything you have done so far and in the future, HotwerNevermore!

adrian_schuhmacherDate: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 12:11:38 PM | Message # 29
Stage 1
Hello,
maybe you can open a discord channel or something like that, for better bug reports and communication?

Greetz

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 4:22:37 PM | Message # 30
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Or you could use the bug report thread that that was actually made a week ago.

That way, you know, people in that thread, and people who don't use discord can keep up with what's been reported.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » New Map developers and new schedules (New version of the map currently in progress.)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024