Friday, 2024-03-29, 0:18:52 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » New Map developers and new schedules (New version of the map currently in progress.)
New Map developers and new schedules
HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-05-15, 10:04:02 AM | Message # 1
Lead Map Developer
Group: File Master
Hello everyone,

I see that people still have hope that the map will still be developed by someone with the qualifications to do so.

So, these guys are now me, Hotwer along with TomeKneip whos working me with storytelling and ideas for the map.

I've been working with the map and progreesed a little further than what I've expected.
I was able to drag CanFight to my project since I was able to now work with the more updated version of 'JNGP' which is World Editor Extended, now maintained by MindWorX in the Hive Workshop forums.

First of all, just to introduce a little bit o myself. I was passionate by this game and it's idea since I first found it on Warcraft 3 eight years ago, and I still enjoy it now.

I'm a Web developer in my main job so maybe you can expect I'm a little familiar with a lot of stuff related to programming and tool developing as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to extract the most of the game is possible to fullfilment and enjoyment, so, whenever you find a feature you're missing or any bad experience you're having with the map, never forget to tell me (as more described as possible).

Now, from what's the map state: I was able to fully transfer it to work with WEX and by now I'm focusing on

• Reducing loading time drastically
  • Removing excessive content (and therefore useless)
  • Rebalancing and some rescales (I won't be chaning the default values)
  • Reworking skills
  • Reworking heroes
  • Replacing some systems
  • Adding missing content and polishing current ones
  • Defining defaults
  • Fixing items and quest texts and typos

So it will be basically capped, ravamped and bit more efficient version.
You probably won't miss much content since my focus is to in to removing what's unused or just bad content overall.

Some scales my change as well, keep in mind that rebalancing takes time with trial and error.

Right now my idea is to work based on releasing schedules (there may be changes in the future, but at least the next few months have a pretty rough released scheduled with not all features decided yet)

* My version releases will start from 1.30b since it has nothing to do with MetaDeath releases, since I'm working from version 1.22b as well

Schedules:
[ 05/31/2017 ] - Release of version 1.30.3b
[ 06/01/2017 - 06/30/2017 ] - Collect of major bugs and some architecture rework
[ 07/01/2017 - 07/30/2017 ] - Work on planned features and bug fixes collected
[ 07/31/2017 ] - Release of version 1.31b
[ 08/30/2017 ] - Release of version 1.32b
[ 09/31/2017 ] - Release of version 1.33b

There may be changes on this schedule if you find any bugs that render the map unplayable.=

Since it's once a month release, bug fixes (unless the critical ones) will not be worked since it's a plan ahead schedule, so it will take a version before these bugs get fixed (1.33 will have the bugs found during the 1.32 development).

These schedules will probably get release dates overtime.
By the end of the year I will focus on working in a C version to create a pretty stable map. And by then I hope we get the map to be even more stable unless with major changes.

If you have any questions, please, don't forget to ask. Also, a compilation of the bugs you remember would be awesome.

PS: If people show much interest in to the map development schedule features and what I'm planning on doing and about the stats, I can turn my Trello chart publicly (even though some things don't make much sense, I will be a spoiler of what I'm looking forward to do)

Thanks everyone

Message edited by HotwerNevermore - Monday, 2017-06-12, 8:08:34 AM

kamil_kachniarzDate: Thursday, 2017-05-18, 10:10:55 AM | Message # 2
Stage 1
Group: Users
one sugestion remove , FCK chaotic hurricane and snow ? and remove SINS SPAWN IN BASE?

Message edited by kamil_kachniarz - Thursday, 2017-05-18, 10:20:31 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Thursday, 2017-05-18, 11:22:04 AM | Message # 3
Lead Map Developer
I can look at removing those weathers.

But the Sins already spawn (4000 units) away from bases. The problem is that they have wander, and sometimes they see any enemy unit and get attracted by your base.

I'll try to look at something like it, like a base claiming and denothing an area in which when they enter, Ill send them away.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2017-05-18, 7:08:53 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Uhh.....what bugs do I remember....(been such a long time since I played....)

Well, as chat went over recently, some of the sets were bugged to need level 999...
Respawn system had issues the way it worked after corpses despawned, they'd never respawn.
Infinite Struggle had lots of memory leaks or something, eventually you'd tell game to do something and it'd be like, 10-20 seconds before game would react.
The Doors of Death thing I think also had issues, I don't remember it being open for very long....
Red slot had lots of issues I don't even remember. Something about exp bugging out? (And probably more...)
Thinking there was one issue later on with teams being locked or something else screwy about them, don't remember what that was about.
Mind control stuff should probably just be removed in general. Especially with how old mob respawn worked, and especially with how abusable it is. Not even just again the Forgotten (which obviously is absurdly OP), but just grabbing anything later on to use against weaker foes, if you pick the right spawn, would be a bit unfair for that area.
Colosseum, sometimes the waves wouldn't get sent in.
I seem to recall a particularly odd thing about managing to get a second character, thinking it was something like....hostbots would let people chat in game while waiting on others to finish loading the map, and if you loaded a character at that time you'd still have a wisp later? Loaded character would be effectively screwed over and lost but you could save everything on the second, newer char. (Probably could be solved by not starting out with load trigger enabled and starting it afterwards.)
Actually, depending on how long it actually takes for all the stuff to get started up (after the map already loads), maybe just have it go movie-mode over the character pickers instead of going all over the map. I remember hearing something about someone's comp not being able to handle that. (Which seems odd to be, but, whatever.)
Summoner seemed a bit...poorly done, if I'm honest. (100% crit just never seems the way to go, chance or just damage buff, 100% crit just floods the screen. And it could've been a lot cooler. I will say having their stats based on Summoner's was nice, except that makes it extremely stat-based and if gear for an area is more damage/armor than int, you're kinda screwed.)
Goddess' spell range needs toning down, a lot, and/or being frozen before anyone gets there. When you're just starting out and killing one mob and suddenly right before it's dead it gets a full heal? You're hitting multiple at once and suddenly they're full HP and effectively immortal for the next minute or so? (Or someone else is trying to kill the Goddesses and all mobs go invul thanks to Big Bad Voodoo and whoever is trying to kill them isn't super fast at it yet?)
Iron Golem Fist quest (and possible the one that replaces it)....I think I remember something about it keeping track of Ores separately per player, which sounds nice so nobody can steal yours until people start realizing how rare the stupid ore is and the group doesn't realize that's what's happening when two people working on it each turn in 3 and nothing happens. Don't think Ore rate should go up that much (if at all), since it is a really nice item and it should be hard to get, just maybe not that annoying?

(Wow, "message text is too long"....heh.)

Added (2017-05-18, 7:08:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Apparently post was too big, so doublepost it is.

I don't remember how much it happened or if there was a command to try fixing it, but I do remember that there were times with the camera's area getting changed, and I seem to recall it being potentially possible for them to get stuck outside that, but maybe having a command to check where character is and moving camera to that area should be in place just in case.
Something about the menu system Colosseum had in place not letting you click anything, but also thinking that might've been a WCIII issue instead of a map one. (Other than obviously it using that menu, but that many text commands might not be worth it, though maybe something could be worked out, dunno.)

Could be nice if Legion had a 2-3k minimum range from houses when teleporting, though should probably still be able to walk in. (Firstly because wouldn't that be troublesome to do? Second....if the safe area doesn't teleport him away, it makes too abuseable of a safespot. If it does teleport him away, that would probably piss off someone trying to kill him.)

I don't think the more punishing weathers need removing exactly, just really low chance to happen and maybe some kind of minimum so it still can't be the first one that happens. (Oh yeah, thinking there was something about those effects getting stuck or breaking things later on? Don't recall now.) And maybe the weather should affect hostile mobs too, just, obviously, not quite as strongly as players.

I never understood why save system got disabled (I think it was) an hour after you were the last person left, can that not be a thing anymore? (And can the ground cleanup be manual instead of automatic? You'll end up running for something right as it gets removed, and miss it.)

(This is all I can remember in a few minutes, which is still a silly amount considering how long it's been since I played.)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

HotwerNevermoreDate: Friday, 2017-05-19, 7:18:21 AM | Message # 5
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
Well, as chat went over recently, some of the sets were bugged to need level 999...

Those will defenitly be fixed, so now worries on that.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Respawn system had issues the way it worked after corpses despawned, they'd never respawn.

Well, it's definitely a bug, but by now it's basically a feature, so only if I get too much requests on that I will work on changing it.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Infinite Struggle had lots of memory leaks or something, eventually you'd tell game to do something and it'd be like, 10-20 seconds before game would react.

I've saw those triggers and didn't recalled much leaks on the triggers, but I will take a look on to this.

Quote Sandman366 ()
The Doors of Death thing I think also had issues, I don't remember it being open for very long....

It's completely disabled by now, but I will work on it after I focus on another major fixes and changes.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Mind control stuff should probably just be removed in general. Especially with how old mob respawn worked, and especially with how abusable it is. [...]

I think it's better to fix it turning it impossible to use it on the Forgotten units instead of removing the feature altogheter. It's a way that the game works. Sometimes I find myself using these features a long the way to remove units from the path.

Added (2017-05-19, 7:17:58 AM)

Quote Sandman366 ()
Colosseum, sometimes the waves wouldn't get sent in.

That's a problem regarding the amount of units ordered to move using triggers. I'm not sure if there's a workaround it but I might take a look.

Quote Sandman366 ()
I seem to recall a particularly odd thing about managing to get a second character, thinking it was something like....hostbots

Yes, the fix is easy.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Actually, depending on how long it actually takes for all the stuff to get started up (after the map already loads), maybe just have it go movie-mode over the character pickers instead of going all over the map. [...]

Not sure about this. I need that cutscene to load stuff. But, if needed, I can take a look.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Summoner seemed a bit...poorly done [...]

That will fit the rebalancing feature, no worries.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Goddess' spell range needs toning down, a lot [...]

I don't intend on doing that. That idea of the Gods interacting with the map is a map feature as well, I don't want to ruin this feeling of a Goddes interacting with the environment (even Deis Moonson breaking up evertything in the upper left quarter of the map).

Added (2017-05-19, 7:18:11 AM)

Quote Sandman366 ()
Iron Golem Fist quest

There's a problem regarding the Iron Golem Ores is that they just drop from the preplaced units, after they die, they don't drop anymore. I'll fix that.
And the replaced quest in the Chaos mode, actually drop normally, but the chance is 1% only, but I can take a look at that drop rate.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Could be nice if Legion had a 2-3k minimum range from houses when teleporting, though should probably still be able to walk in.

It wouldn't be troublesome to do, but I like the idea of the 'fear' of Legion footstepping into your base, it's funny. And I like even more the way people get around that (even though most of the time they just get screwed).

Quote Sandman366 ()
I don't think the more punishing weathers need removing exactly, just really low chance to happen and maybe some kind of minimum so it still can't be the first one that happens.

I'm not sure. They are low, but it basically renders the game unplayable for a certain amount of time. I don't know what I can do about it, I let for you guys to decide. It's a feature after all, but I don't intend on removing it by default.

Added (2017-05-19, 7:18:21 AM)

Quote Sandman366 ()
I never understood why save system got disabled (I think it was) an hour after you were the last person left, can that not be a thing anymore?

That's something created to force you play with someone, The game isn't that big if you play for yourself only. But If my rebalancing happerns correctly, I'll probably be able to get rid of that.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Red slot had lots of issues I don't even remember. Something about exp bugging out? (And probably more...)

Quote Sandman366 ()
Thinking there was one issue later on with teams being locked or something else screwy about them, don't remember what that was about.

Quote Sandman366 ()
I don't remember how much it happened or if there was a command to try fixing it, but I do remember that there were times with the camera's area getting changed

Quote Sandman366 ()
Something about the menu system Colosseum had in place not letting you click anything, but also thinking that might've been a WCIII issue instead of a map one.

Those problems I can't get around unless I could reproduce these bugs. I will keep then in mind, but I won't be looking on fixing those if I can't reproduce the bugs.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2017-05-19, 5:42:52 PM | Message # 6
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
That's a problem regarding the amount of units ordered to move using triggers. I'm not sure if there's a workaround it but I might take a look.

Can you have, like, while Colosseum is running, every 5-10 seconds, anything in that section gets sent out to attack? (Or it tries sending things anyway?)
Or maybe it just needs a little more variety in units so can send them in batches, or maybe just make the waves in multiple parts and send that part, give it 2 seconds, then send in another part.

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
That's something created to force you play with someone, The game isn't that big if you play for yourself only. But If my rebalancing happerns correctly, I'll probably be able to get rid of that.

Yes, but if the other player is gone (say, by random disconnect, or they crash, or internet issues, or whatever), then you started by playing with someone, but then an hour after they're gone, no matter how long it took you to set up whatever you've got now....TOUGH! No more save for you! (It's just....mean.) And anyone with a personal bot with Fakeplayer could just get around that anyway, and all it really did was hamper people who wanted to play alone some of the time and team up with others other times. (Like me, I'd usually like to play alone, but if it weren't for Fakeplayer, I'd never be able to play with other people using the same character. Feels a little.....not sure counterproductive or counterintuitive are the words I want, but not sure what is....)

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
I think it's better to fix it turning it impossible to use it on the Forgotten units instead of removing the feature altogheter. It's a way that the game works. Sometimes I find myself using these features a long the way to remove units from the path.

Except the same concept applies to pretty much everything before it, too: control an Astral to farm Hell+ when just starting out in Chaotic World....seems a bit unfair to those who don't (or don't have Charm), and then someone who actually wants to farm Astrals can't get as many, especially if it is someone with Charm just getting a bunch.
(And if you're thinking Resistant Skin or something else to just make them all immune to that, that would also make them all immune to other potential effects/attacks.)

The character limit on this is really short! Jeez...

Added (2017-05-19, 5:42:52 PM)
-_-

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Iron Golem Ores is that they just drop from the preplaced units

I'd say that explains a lot, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten them from respawns....

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Not sure about this. I need that cutscene to load stuff. But, if needed, I can take a look.

Didn't mean remove the cutscene entirely, just have it stay only on the mountain with the pickers or something. I remember a thread where someone said the cutscene tried rendering too much (or some weird explanation like that) and their game crashed or something. Forget now exactly though sounded a bit....odd.

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
I don't intend on doing that. That idea of the Gods interacting with the map is a map feature as well, I don't want to ruin this feeling of a Goddes interacting with the environment (even Deis Moonson breaking up evertything in the upper left quarter of the map).

The feeling of level bosses meant for level 300ish players making mobs unkillable for level 30s is a feature? Something else I forgot - say, someone's fighting goddesses, Deis uses that monsoon, and kills a whole bunch of low levels players, and their houses, and they get screwed (possibly losing the character because of having a hard time getting a new base set up) because she killed them & their house. This is a "feature"? (At least make it not hit buildings if possible, and limit the heal ranges, like, 5k or something instead of infinite. It's just not fair for the lower levels when you get a more mixed game.)

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
It wouldn't be troublesome to do, but I like the idea of the 'fear' of Legion footstepping into your base, it's funny. And I like even more the way people get around that (even though most of the time they just get screwed).

Kinda why I was thinking he shouldn't be able to teleport in but can still walk in. Just forget if there was already a teleport minimum distance from base or not.

Here's something else: how about a command or button to kill your own base? (Like say you're using Castle of the Gods to have everything count as scouted just fogged, but want to replace it with Abode, but you can't since you're an Elementalist or something and beating your own house to death takes forever assuming you can do it at all?)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Friday, 2017-05-19, 5:42:38 PM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Saturday, 2017-05-20, 10:54:14 PM | Message # 7
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
Can you have, like, while Colosseum is running, every 5-10 seconds [...]

The problem lies more about in the amount of ordered units in a certain place, not the way they're ordered. But I will take a look into that to check if there is a another way to do it

Quote Sandman366 ()
Yes, but if the other player is gone (say, by random disconnect, or they crash, or internet issues, or whatever) [....]

I know, but if you take into account the fact that there isn't much grinding, it's a fairly not really long game, and I want to make it a longer but more fluent experience. Now a days, all Korean RPGs have locks so you only can play then on LAN or Battle.net (which is really nice) and I want to put that into the game as well (and get rid this problem altogheter).

Quote Sandman366 ()
Except the same concept applies to pretty much everything before it, too: control an Astral to farm Hell+ when just starting out in Chaotic World... [...]

I see. I might take a look into this as well. But don't forget, even those 'bad experiences' are part of how CoT feels, and everything that makes the map their home I want to keep intact, even if that is a 'badmanner abuse' or anything of the sort.

Added (2017-05-20, 10:54:14 PM)

Quote Sandman366 ()
I'd say that explains a lot, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten them from respawns....

I have that feeling too, but I've played for hours and wasn't able to drop a single piece. Probably is the way of how the respawn/item tables are working creates this kind of problem. But I plan on changing that in the future (not on the next version, tought).

Quote Sandman366 ()
Didn't mean remove the cutscene entirely, just have it stay only on the mountain with the pickers or something.

I'm waiting to get any specifics requests on that matter before changing anything. That cutscene has anything special for it to crash any computer. I'm trying to target the most audience possible (with the lowest specs). But that is basically someone trying to run a mid-age website on an IE 6, and I don't know if I'm looking to be that compatible.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Kinda why I was thinking he shouldn't be able to teleport in but can still walk in.

There isn't. I'll add one.

Quote Sandman366 ()
how about a command or button to kill your own base?

Thanks, that's an idea I thought once but have forgotten (probably something like -unclaim or -destroy base).

joschawellerDate: Sunday, 2017-05-21, 5:19:03 AM | Message # 8
Stage 1
Group: Users
Hello, first of all: Thanks to Hotwer and CanFight for trying to make CoT great again!!!
For me and a good friend, PoMFoC is the most versatile game-mod ever made. We are very happy that You are putting effort in it!

Here some points, I remember we had troubles with (might overlap with Sandmans posts):

-Tortuous saving system, no output in txt file so far (CanFight knows)
-Mostly useless heroes (no stats/level-related attacks, tried CanFights heroes: felt nice playing them - please implement them ^^)
-Unbearable chaotic weather (small increase of speed would be cool)
-Mercenary troops in the city were useless (maybe give stats related attacks?)
-Irritating NPCs (women, children) in the city
-No clear Quest handling
-bases not beeing safe in chaotic world
-converters not saving (not quite cheap, and if you cant play for hours after buying it, it will never pay back)
-no list of possible drops (especially in chaotic world: Satans items etc.)
-no color for rareness indication (CanFight did it)
-some important missing item descriptions (for example if multiplier works only on normal or on extra dmg)

If I remember more, I will post again...

Message edited by joschaweller - Sunday, 2017-05-21, 5:20:21 AM

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2017-05-21, 7:49:25 AM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
there isn't much grinding, it's a fairly not really long game

What, the really slow leveling later on doesn't count as grindy? (I suppose if you have a team so someone would tank and couple of people for damage, fine, but for solo people....that is [i]so[/i not the case....)

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
The problem lies more about in the amount of ordered units in a certain place, not the way they're ordered.

Yeah, so just spawn the wave in a few parts, give it a couple of seconds, then continue, so it isn't all at once.

Quote joschaweller ()
output in txt file so far

One thing I saw about this was to use preloader stuff to make text files, but also heard at one point (perhaps a recent change) that you needed to put a thing in windows' registry for "allow local files" or something like that. (No idea on if Mac has anything similar.)

Added (2017-05-21, 7:47:13 AM)

Quote joschaweller ()
Mostly useless heroes

Everybody knows this...(and I thought CanFight only put in Master of Poison? With most of the stat-based characters being made by darkchaos?)

Quote joschaweller ()
no color for rareness indication

What about the white/blue/orange item coloration for if it's normal/rare/legendary? (Perhaps I should peek at CanFight's version....when I have a working WC3 again....)

Quote joschaweller ()
bases not beeing safe in chaotic world

If you mean against Sins, they're supposed to be, but bases aren't perfectly designed to guard against that. Against Legion, well...it's Chaotic World. (He's like a Super Dark Savior compared to Normal World. Gonna hurt.)

Random: are we still going to have the item types? (Chain/dagger/sword/2h/plate/etc.) If we are, for bosses that drop like that (like Legion), can we get, like, a second or third item roll, just in case? (He's got, what, 11 items right now (10 types plus ring)? Assuming Legendary versions ever get put in, that'll take literally forever to farm for, hoping just to get he right item and then a better type. Or maybe it checks what type of character you have and has increased chance of giving armor/weapon type they're "proficient" in? Even if it takes 60 seconds to kill him, that's one item drop every 16 minutes at the most[/i] (and might be faster just to start new game, start up Chaotic World, and rush to his spawn point fast as possible, depending).)
(Oh right, that was another of the random bugs that would pop up occasionally....Proficiencies would break somehow. Thinking it was another of those Red Player only bugs but it was weird and it was annoying.

Added (2017-05-21, 7:49:25 AM)
Oh yeah, speaking of Sins, they had this really wide area to click to select them, but an hp bar that was almost nothing, so could barely see change in it. (Which would be really nice if it were....the other way around, if possible.)

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-05-22, 8:44:14 AM | Message # 10
Lead Map Developer
Quote joschaweller ()
-Tortuous saving system, no output in txt file so far (CanFight knows)
-Mostly useless heroes (no stats/level-related attacks, tried CanFights heroes: felt nice playing them - please implement them ^^)
-Unbearable chaotic weather (small increase of speed would be cool)
-Mercenary troops in the city were useless (maybe give stats related attacks?)
-Irritating NPCs (women, children) in the city
-No clear Quest handling
-bases not beeing safe in chaotic world
-converters not saving (not quite cheap, and if you cant play for hours after buying it, it will never pay back)
-no list of possible drops (especially in chaotic world: Satans items etc.)
-no color for rareness indication (CanFight did it)
-some important missing item descriptions (for example if multiplier works only on normal or on extra dmg)

- We'll be changing the saving system, don't worry.
- All heroes were removed by now and those which remain got abilities rescaled
- A lot of requests on those by now, I'll see what I can do
- Mercenary units removed so far, it's best to focus on the bases itself instead
- No reason to touch that (if I get many requests, I can do something)
- What you mean? It's not clear wether the NPC to return the quest?
- Well, that's just the Chaotic mood, and I don't intend to change that
- I don't see it that way, once you get early-mid game into chaotic world, they payoff very easily (both just cost 2 of their apropriate converter, which is not much)
- I will add something in the forums (and probably in the quests as well, but not this version thought)
- There's color for rareness, but there isn't much 'rareness' to find stuff about
- All descriptions of everything will get revamped (basically will use the same layout description), no worries on that.

Added (2017-05-22, 8:44:14 AM)

Quote Sandman366 ()
What, the really slow leveling later on doesn't count as grindy?

Maybe, but how slow you mean? If it isn't at least a week, I think not.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Yeah, so just spawn the wave in a few parts, give it a couple of seconds

I think you didn't get the problem, this is how it's working now.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2017-05-22, 10:39:42 AM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
- All heroes were removed by now and those which remain got abilities rescaled

Please tell me Savior got to stay cuz his Blink was awesome. (Battlemage was a little more meh, if I'm honest, but Savior's was great! Cross the map in about 3 seconds. =D)

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Maybe, but how slow you mean? If it isn't at least a week, I think not.

Depends on how and how much you play. Since....I got maybe one character ever to 999? (At least I think I got someone to 999 once....I don't even remember...except that it took forever....)

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
I think you didn't get the problem, this is how it's working now.

o_O Weird. Smaller parts? More delay? Dunno....

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-05-22, 11:36:12 AM | Message # 12
Lead Map Developer
Yes, Savior and Dark Savior, both are still there (Dark Savior is getting completly reworked and Savior is getting some changes and rescales - also new skills)

The grindy thing is something there is much to experiment. Unless it's the real world experience of players, it's kinda of hard to tell wether is really balanced or not, that's when the feedback comes handy.

I don't know if there's a workaround, but I might take a look into that.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-05-24, 7:25:50 AM | Message # 13
Stage 9
Why would Savior need new skills plural? Bash to be stat-based, swap out Avatar (despite spell immunity being useful occasionally but mostly in Normal World), since Blink is what made him cool and I forget which AoE he had (thinking stun-based but forgetting if it was called Thunder Clap or not) but last I saw it, it was already stat-based. (Which made around Hell kinda suck since gear didn't really have much in stats, from what little I remember...)

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-24, 9:22:28 AM | Message # 14
Lead Map Developer
I'm changing a lot of stuff, and basically all heroes will have a basic setup with 4 learnable spells ( 3 levels each, really sparsed troughtout the levels ) and a default skill (mostly passive). I will probably get rid of the spellbook soon.

But I'm not removing removeing what good he already have (Bash, Blink, Thunder Clap and Avatar will just be rescaled, I'm not removing those)

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-05-24, 4:39:14 PM | Message # 15
Stage 9
The spellbooks did seem a little.....bleh. Just stat modifiers basically. Could've been interesting, but probably not worth it.

But, only 3 levels per skill for everything? I mean, I kinda get it, too many levels is pointless, but too few and you can't really do much with it.

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » New Map developers and new schedules (New version of the map currently in progress.)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024