Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Astral Leather
Astral Leather
DemonRyouDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:33:53 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
So, after about a good hour of hunting Astrals, because it takes me well over a minute to kill a single Astral, I finally saw a Leather drop.
Now, someone tell me if this is wrong, but the tooltip says:
  • 42,000 Armor
  • 9,500 HP Regen
  • 70,000 Agility

Seems a bit low, no? Don't think so? Compare it to Legion's Suit (Also Leather)
  • 28,000 Armor
  • 9,000 HP Regen
  • 250,000 Agility

As you can see, Legion's Suit gives less armor, but the 180,000 agility difference will more than make up for that. And 500 HP Regen doesn't mean much at that point. And to boot, Legion's Suit will block a negative spell every 10 seconds.

By the way, the reason why this are such absurd stats for Astral Leather is that it has a 900 Level Requirement, compared to the 800 Level Requirement Legion's Suit. Not to mention that Astrals are exponentially harder to kill, although not as hard to find.

Sorry if this has been reported before, I searched for "Astral" and "Leather" but didn't see any of the sort. I didn't put this in "Feedback and Error Reports" as it isn't really an bug.

Message edited by DemonRyou - Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:38:31 AM

AlexengDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 4:48:16 AM | Message # 2
Stage 4
While it's not a bug, it's feedback, so it should have gone there. Anyway, Legion is a boss, and thus he drops much better items than normal monsters. Hell, check legendary thanatos wings if you want, if that's not sick for a level 775(?) item then I don't know what is. But the point is that boss items are supposed to be uber-good, and not just your average creep-drop. That doesn't mean I find the lack of a good pattern in the equipment stats disturbing though...

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:09:17 AM | Message # 3
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Alexeng)
While it's not a bug, it's feedback, so it should have gone there.

He's right on that.
Quote (Alexeng)
Anyway, Legion is a boss, and thus he drops much better items than normal monsters.

Also right, even if Astrals are 100 levels above him, he's still a boss and much harder to farm than Astrals. First, he's a boss, and cannot be killed nearly as often as Astrals. Second, he roams the map and finding him is sometimes half the battle.
Quote (Alexeng)
Hell, check legendary thanatos wings if you want, if that's not sick for a level 775(?) item then I don't know what is.

I thought normal and rare wings were 775 and legendary wings were 825....but yeah, Leg Thana Wings are awesome

Quote (DemonRyou)
By the way, the reason why this are such absurd stats for Astral Leather is that it has a 900 Level Requirement, compared to the 800 Level Requirement Legion's Suit. Not to mention that Astrals are exponentially harder to kill, although not as hard to find.

You can safespot Astrals 3s after you go Chaotic World, not true for Legion. Plus, they're "normal creeps", and while they're 100 levels above him, that doesn't mean they should be better than him. Plus, by having a Legion armor you can't have any Legion weapon or Legion Ring, so it's quite the trade-off. It's gotta be useful. You can have 6 astral items, even 6 of the same item, and you're supposed to be only allowed 1 item from a particular boss (blehh)

Anyway, I think astral leather could use a slight buff perhaps, but Legion Suit should be better.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

DemonRyouDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 1:42:42 AM | Message # 4
Stage 1
K, never thought of that. But look at this!
Existence Leather
  • 19,000 Armor
  • 5,000 Regen
  • 76,000 Agility
Existence Leather actually gives more agility than Astral Leather. Or is this a tooltip bug?

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 9:31:15 AM | Message # 5
Stage 9
I'd have to look into that to see if it's just a tooltip problem, but if it's true. then that's shameful.

You are looking at them with PF/without picking up...right?

Malevolent criminal I,

DemonRyouDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 2:28:03 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
Yes, because it's easier to type down the stats that way. But here, screenshots for proof.

As you can see, Existence Leather gives more agility than Astral Leather; it's not a tooltip error.

Message edited by DemonRyou - Thursday, 2011-07-28, 4:05:13 PM

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 5:04:06 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Hahahahahaahahaahhaha!!!

Fail. I feel bad for DC. First his editor decides to not work, then it turns out Astral Leather was underpowered......all while he's pouring on doodads like they're nothing. Lol?

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 11:46:46 PM | Message # 8
Lead Moderator
Yes, I noticed that when I was making the sets...the existence and astral leathers could be slightly changed to like 19k/5k/76k & 39k/9.5k/120k (armor/regen/agility) respectively... But the sets are balanced (as far as I know) for stats... If you wish to see what I'm referring to: http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/24-1365-1

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

alexejderkach36prpcDate: Friday, 2020-01-31, 12:35:39 PM | Message # 9
Stage 1
It is better to get real and genuine leather. Now it is available to everyone and there is no need to donate a lot of money) It is enough to contact leather goods Los Angeles and here you will find the perfect leather handmade product. I recommend it already from my own experience, I bought it more than once, the skin is exclusively genuine!

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Astral Leather
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024