Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Requesting Mapmaking Help
darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-04-23, 3:51:45 PM | Message # 31
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
I would like you to optimize the whole colosseum folder in jass, and fix up the items(only one item per boss, un-proficient, profienct items)

You can makea system and use for each item

AlexengDate: Saturday, 2011-04-23, 4:16:15 PM | Message # 32
Stage 4
Group: Users
Alright. Only problem I can see is that you havn't sent me the map, or just the triggers if you prefer that.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-04-23, 8:58:24 PM | Message # 33
Mapmaker
Oh sorry, um, pm me your email

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 12:45:17 PM | Message # 34
Stage 4
Done. And don't be sorry, everyone forgets stuff. tongue

Edit: it hasn't even been 20 minutes and I already hate the way you created the colo triggers. Going to take a while to clean them up due to the sheer amount of things I have to sort out. tongue

Edit2: here's the log of what I've done so far. It's not much considering what I could have done, but I've been lazy. tongue

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Message edited by Alexeng - Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:02:19 PM

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 1:28:12 PM | Message # 35
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
PS: For the "nospawn" thing on waves, wouldn't it be better for one trigger to constantly send stuff from the spawn area to the other area? And just have the other triggers only make the things?
It just feels like current system spawns, then sends. I remember in SC1 making a map (a really crappy one) where I had one side spawn then send in the same trigger, and the other side only spawned and had another trigger send, and the one with one to spawn and one to send worked much better than spawn&send triggers.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 2:00:56 PM | Message # 36
Stage 9
If the medean nation is destroyed, a new Velreon Guard is created in the Medean Mine. Doesn't stop it from being gone for the remainder of the game if it dies before creating the nation.

win.

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 3:30:14 PM | Message # 37
Stage 9
Quote (Alexeng)
If the medean nation is destroyed, a new Velreon Guard is created in the Medean Mine. Doesn't stop it from being gone for the remainder of the game if it dies before creating the nation.

Quote (GhostWolf223)
win.

It is possible, however, I think, to have multiple Medean Nations this way.

Make Nation, manually kill Guard, kill Nation, revive Guard, have someone else get Guard. Nice, we now have multiple Velreon Guards. Just do what I just said 2-3 more times and we could have a Medean Nation FH.

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 3:59:04 PM | Message # 38
Mapmaker
^ what he said. Can I have teh mapz btw?

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:01:40 PM | Message # 39
Stage 4
The trigger explodes all units when your home is destroyed, so no corpse = no revive. Still going to try it out tho, and I have a few solutions in mind if you can revive him. But the final decision lies with DC, so we might not see this trigger in the next version.

On a side note: I finaly got out of my lazy-ness and finished the wave setups, so once I'm done with the start/spawn triggers I can try it out. Also fixed the bug with Doom Lords not giving any gold.

Brony Forever.

Message edited by Alexeng - Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:05:20 PM

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:04:48 PM | Message # 40
Mapmaker
Oh, your not done? lol. Since you posted a changelog I thought yu were done xP

Its fine, take as much time as you need

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:06:41 PM | Message # 41
Stage 9
Destroyed home sometimes seems to only kill units instead of remove.
And anyway, that's why you kill him before killing home. So there's still a corpse. So you'd have to make him have no corpse or remove his corpse (which I'm sure is possible)

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:09:13 PM | Message # 42
Stage 4
Ah, ok. tongue Next time I post one I'll be done, just felt like giving you guys an update. smile Oh, and I really do hate the way you created the colo triggers, the lack of variables for spawning the unnessecary ones for the dialog almost made me shudder. :p

Brony Forever.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:11:38 PM | Message # 43
Stage 9
Quote (Alexeng)
Ah, ok. Next time I post one I'll be done, just felt like giving you guys an update. Oh, and I really do hate the way you created the colo triggers, the lack of variables for spawning and the unnessecary ones for the dialog almost made me shudder.

Could you please tell me there's a way to remove all of the "Gold Earned" crap that we currently have and give it a counter in the corner? Like a little box? (Like the Item Removal timer). Sorry, I just absolutely hate it. It's impossible to tell what anything's stats are unless you can see it in normal WC3 stuff. If HP is too high, can't tell what it is. Also can't tell current EXP rate too.

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:15:23 PM | Message # 44
Stage 4
Can try, but can't promise anything. Gtg now anyway, so we will see if I can't do it tomorrow.

Brony Forever.

Message edited by Alexeng - Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:15:45 PM

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 4:17:52 PM | Message # 45
Stage 9
Oh, DC, that is okay with you right? To swap to that? It would make things so much nicer smile Say you wanna see what the HP of something is, well, you can't. Nor can you see your own HP. Nor can you see much of anything past what general % of HP you/they have.

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024