Friday, 2024-04-19, 7:01:04 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » You say goodbye, I say hello. » Introductions » Hi, I am rgeistering here and askinga question, not sure wh
Hi, I am rgeistering here and askinga question, not sure wh
LatiasDate: Saturday, 2011-10-29, 11:52:08 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
notr sure where to post*

I have come across a problem, my dark savior code has 4096 arc and no platinum after I was there for the end of struggle twice and got someone's extra ring on the second go through. Anyone know how this could have happened to me? Do the save codes actually glitch like this and give me spendable lumber?

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-10-30, 5:05:36 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
I've heard of codes glitching and giving wrong stuff, it could be from the thing messing up or it could be a slight issue in the code. Not happened to me before.

Just convert lumber to cash if you want it, and unless it's an actual loss in total amount of cash/lumber, consider it a blessing of a glitch :P

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Sunday, 2011-10-30, 7:28:10 PM | Message # 3
Stage 4
Probably misplaced one or two of the letters in the code. Sometimes you end up with an equally valid code.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-10-31, 1:24:01 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Quote (Mystic_Prophet)
Probably misplaced one or two of the letters in the code. Sometimes you end up with an equally valid code.

Which is extremely weird, because anytime I get anything wrong it never says it's right. It's gotta be one of the rarest things with a save/load code to get something wrong and end up with something right.

What would be scary is if someone stared at enough codes to know how to write their own......on any map. "Hmm....let's do 30 hours, leg+2 wings, rare ace....PR....level 897...gotta bind to my name...(etc)"
That would just be BEYOND scary...

Malevolent criminal I,

Mystic_ProphetDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 11:12:33 AM | Message # 5
Stage 4
Heh. Wouldn't happen. Simply changing the encryption code causes everything to change. Plus it takes your name into account.
You could certainly spend enough time to crack the code on a single map for your specific account name, though you can usually have multiple codes for the same data (on the more advanced encryptions), so it makes a daunting task.
The easiest way to crack the code would be to have the account name of aaa. Still would be a bit of a challenge though.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 3:31:34 PM | Message # 6
Stage 9
If there is a pattern and you study for it long enough you WILL find it. You can eventually find all of the information in the save by looking at the code. If there's a wipe by changing some tiny detail in the thing, it probably wouldn't matter, because you would still be using the same pattern, so it wouldn't take long to crack.

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 4:34:36 PM | Message # 7
Stage 4
Actually, it's quite easy to make codes neigh-uncrackable. Just have a random seed generator, then for each code you have a different seed. You save the seed in the code (not encrypted using the seed itself, what's the point if you can't access it?), and good luck finding a pattern since every save will look different. tongue I'm not saying it's not possible to crack it, but adding a random seed would create a living hell for anyone trying, and one that is not worth trying to crack unless you are just plain bored.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Forum » You say goodbye, I say hello. » Introductions » Hi, I am rgeistering here and askinga question, not sure wh
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024