Thursday, 2024-04-18, 4:56:02 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » 1.30b Bugs
1.30b Bugs
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 4:19:46 PM | Message # 16
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
I remember a few pretty much insta-desyncs, like if someone went to top corner to get the key from the magical fencing (actually a lot about that corner would cause desync, and the orcs too).
Don't recall if that req'd a player in Red to cause, though. (I remember a lot of desync and no idea what actuallycauses that. Obviously something not syncing up right, but why would that happen?)

(Actually, I think I heard desync dates all the way back to WC2. Two guys having a very long game, both thinking they won....and from their own perspectives, probably did. They just weren't playing the same game by the end. I recall people loving to blame bots for desync when they have nothing to do with it at all...)

Edit: (As stated in shoutbox): Deis' Earthquake has always been tricky to get her to use (maybe only seen her use it once in 1.30.1b, if at all), but she always starts out with Monsoon. Either I got unbelievably perfect timing with Bash and she died before cooldown ended (which I doubt), or she didn't even try casting it (which I think more likely, don't recall seeing her get bashed that early in).

Oh, and didn't I see something about "Town is always visible at all times" now? Or was that taken back out?

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Sunday, 2017-06-11, 8:48:04 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-06-12, 8:26:34 AM | Message # 17
Lead Map Developer
Group: File Master
People, please, don't stop posting bugs you've found out.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2017-06-12, 10:33:41 AM | Message # 18
Stage 9
Despair set doesn't use Fragment or Sphere in making any version, that I saw. (Though technically still has the effects.) Assuming something similar with Void set (with hand & ring for set) but haven't gotten the drops (or set) yet to compare.

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Monday, 2017-06-12, 11:29:27 AM | Message # 19
Lead Map Developer
This is more a suggestion than a bug, right?

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2017-06-12, 8:32:31 PM | Message # 20
Stage 9
Well, I guess, but if it's a "set", it might as well actually use the related items, no? (Oh yeah, Void doesn't use shield, either.)
Especially if it's going to have effects related to the items, even if it doesn't "use" them to make the set.
(Okay, so Void doesn't have crit or block, unlike other sets that have such effects without even having related items...)

Also, that fight for definitely sure she did not even attempt to use Monsoon. Tried making sure she'd have plenty of time for it. She still uses golems, but not Monsoon. A situation to which I am not accustomed. (I mean, right now, I really don't care, but was expecting it.)

Despair Set STR has 6k agi/int marked as "all stats". Dunno what description it's supposed to have, but it and Horror Set STR have "Description: null".
Same thing on Void Set Str, 18k str 10k agi/int, but says 18k str 10k all.

Despair items sell for 100k, Void items sell for 62.5k/50k? Am I reading that right? (Okay, "balancing", but it's still an issue, is it not?)

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Wednesday, 2017-06-14, 6:35:29 AM | Message # 21
Lead Map Developer
Sure, some of those were reported already, and are fixed in 1.30.3b

I'm working right now at 1.30.4b, and it will have a lot of changes. And this will probably be the last version before I start working on 1.31b

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-14, 9:10:47 AM | Message # 22
Stage 9
Um, 99.9% sure I was playing 1.30.3b when I saw that stuff....(definitely at least from the Monsoon comment on). You sure? wacko

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Wednesday, 2017-06-14, 11:15:29 AM | Message # 23
Lead Map Developer
The monsoon it needs more tests to be sure. I will check it.

Can you put it as a list of problems? It's easier to check if they're fixed or not.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-14, 7:39:08 PM | Message # 24
Stage 9
Well, I'll try for just the things that actually count as more than just opinion/suggestion/balancing things then. (Unless you want that.)

- 99% sure I saved with Shopkeeper Necklace, didn't load though. (Chaotic Ore does though! Which is cool.)
- Void Set STR says 18k strength 10k allstats, actually means 18k strength 10k agi/int.
- Despair Set STR says 13k strength 6k allstats, actually means 13k strength 6k agi/int.
- Void, Despair, and Horror Set STR all have "Description: null". Dunno what's supposed to go there, guessing "null" isn't it.

- Three fights now in a row Deis has failed to use Monsoon. Troy's still opening with Voodoo as usual, but still not seeing Monsoon, and not sure what's up with it.

- Here's one a little more important: I thought Chaotic Boss items were limited to one per boss? (So no Legion Robe/Ring, which is annoying, but whatever.) However, I have Abyssal Bow (Broken) and Abyssal Cutlass (Dagger/Broken). Simultaneously.
-- Oh hey, I can even use two Abyssal Cutlass (Dagger/Broken) at the same time, too.

- Sphere and Fragment of Despair sell for too much? (Broken Staff and Plate are 45k, but those two are 100k. Void items are in the 60k range....)

- Upgrade Dark Soul -> +2 (wow it's been so long since I even looked at these) is an actual item (instead of just a powerup), and also, does absolutely nothing.

Malevolent criminal I,

rockyguy87Date: Thursday, 2017-06-15, 3:13:49 AM | Message # 25
Stage 1
Group: Users
Couple more bugs.

Not sure if it's intentional but you can wear duplicate boss items. It's kinda nice using legions robe staff and ring. Not only that but you can wear the same item. Example being two Thanatos wings.

Also there are some problems with the save codes. I noticed when it generates a code ending in white letters and beginning with | the code is invalid. Also sometimes platinum and arcanite lumber values aren't loaded correctly.

Added (2017-06-15, 3:13:49 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also regarding the desync, my buddy and I have found that completely closing and reopening WC3 before starting each game helps for some reason.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2017-06-15, 10:40:54 AM | Message # 26
Lead Moderator
/Edit
-Cam isn't working
*Not a bug* Got bad weather first 3 weather changes: snow, rain, hurricane. I suggest removing hurricane and the attack speed decrease in the other 2 - that way you can still attack but you move slow Change rain to make you miss 25% of attacks (instead of just bad weather being ms slows).

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

NOCFeRnAlDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 2:48:11 AM | Message # 27
Stage 3
CoT RPG PoM FoC V1.3C.w3x ?

thats wrong map.  Actual map is CoT RPG PoM FoC N v1.30.3b.w3x

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

bud-bus-Date: Saturday, 2017-06-17, 0:46:03 AM | Message # 28
Lead Moderator
Quote NOCFeRnAl ()
CoT RPG PoM FoC V1.3C.w3x ?thats wrong map.  Actual map is CoT RPG PoM FoC N v1.30.3b.w3x
 I see, thanks. I'll start looking into that.

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

claudia2ksDate: Monday, 2017-06-19, 2:07:27 AM | Message # 29
Stage 1
Dark Savior has 2 nice skills, lightning bolt and nova.
However, it takes a lot of mana. I have 20k stats, about 560k mana pool and the skills cost 80k and 50k. I went to fight savior from the gods labirint and had to tp back because i had no mana left after 5 casts. 20k stats is not much, still, its the most mana costing hero i encountered so far. Maybe remove 1 zero from the end of each spell ?

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2017-06-19, 2:05:51 PM | Message # 30
Stage 9
I'd say after you start getting Chaotic items that won't be so bad, except I don't remember of he being able to "use" staves and robes, so could be a bit. Later on though, that's nothing. (I mean, Legion Ring's spell was...what, 10m mana cost?)

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » 1.30b Bugs
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024