Thursday, 2024-03-28, 3:29:47 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » 1.30b Bugs
1.30b Bugs
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2017-05-31, 11:24:32 AM | Message # 1
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Just starting the thread for now. Use as needed.

Edit: Okay, using as needed.

Those two Scepter of Mastery items still exist at the north end of town, making easy money if sold immediately. (Slightly too easy...)
White Flames has no level req. I bought it at like, level 5 or 7 or something. (Totally went into Colosseum Solo Survival Easy at level 7 and won, though I do admit to using Castle of Gods' monsoon attack for wave 21. Was running a little low on hp. :P)
Bash has a level 4, tooltip doesn't change from level 3. (Also, shouldn't this have, I'unno, a 1x Str instead of 500 damage? Nice-ish before you start getting going, unless you tome a lot early on, in which case stat-based even then still wins out.)

Savior Cloak says 15 minute cooldown, but comes with a charge? (Haven't tested if it's lost on use, but assuming so.)
Making Godslayer's Set deleted my Medean Curse in slot 1.

Seems like a balancing fail: Demon Bow is 26k damage if you can use it, 10k if you can't, but Short Sword is 14k if you can use it? (You can get almost as much out of a bow you can't use as a sword you can?)

Not sure Medean Curse is actually doing -1k armor or if it's just giving the debuff saying it is. (At least, against Infinite Struggle Nerubian Empresses, wasn't paying strict attention during anything else...)
(Or against a few other things in Struggle. Guessing it's not working right.) Edit: Curse works when Mink uses on you, but at least for Savior doesn't appear to work on anything that I can find.

Horror Set plate/sword says it wants 7 items to make it. (Lolnope. Oh, and there's no plate/sword Demon set.)
(Though it does take 3 weapons 2 armor 1 blood like the other sets. However, "Horror Set STR" gives no strength, and where did the block chance come from?)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Thursday, 2017-06-01, 7:12:02 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 7:08:50 AM | Message # 2
Lead Map Developer
Group: File Master
Quote Sandman366 ()
White Flames has no level req.

Sure, I'll add one, (will be probably 50, at most).

Quote Sandman366 ()
Those two Scepter of Mastery items still exist at the north end of town

Can you tell me more priceselly where I can find an how to obtain them? Was never aware of those.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Demon Bow is 26k damage if you can use it, 10k if you can't

Well, you can use the Demon Bow broken Itens, but you will not be able to transforming then into a set, and the actualy stats are garbage (little to no AGI, and it's actually not your main stat).
This an option to not make the item totally useless once you drop it, but not make it the best option.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Savior Cloak says 15 minute cooldown, but comes with a charge?

Because it's based on the Ankh. But it doens't consumes the charge. I will fix that in the next version.

Quote Sandman366 ()
Not sure Medean Curse is actually doing -1k armor

It does, but it's overridable by any other attack modifier you add. When I say any, I mean pretty much anything, from Orbs, to Lifesteal and anything else (and it doens't regard item position). And it's removed once you get to FoC (no matter where it is - the ground, on your hero or on your backpack). So, I will change this item to make it more balanced.

NOCFeRnAlDate: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 7:17:26 AM | Message # 3
Stage 3
Group: Users
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Can you tell me more priceselly where I can find an how to obtain them? Was never aware of those.
Right side of the upper town entrance, under the tree.

In previous versions of the map in Gods Set there was that fire splash which deals about 15 dmg to adjacent targets, just plain useless in terms of set power itself and by the time u actually be able to get it. As noone even tried to make it any decent it was really bad. And from my point of view it was disgusting. Only good orb effects in that map are Lifesteal and Medean curse corruption.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

Message edited by NOCFeRnAl - Thursday, 2017-06-01, 8:15:21 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 11:30:04 AM | Message # 4
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
Horror Set plate/sword

Sure, you're right, forgot to fix those. I will release a new version soon with this fix.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2017-06-01, 4:18:15 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
It does, but it's overridable by any other attack modifier you add. When I say any, I mean pretty much anything, from Orbs, to Lifesteal and anything else (and it doens't regard item position). And it's removed once you get to FoC (no matter where it is - the ground, on your hero or on your backpack). So, I will change this item to make it more balanced.

I know how Orb Effects work. Lifesteal overwrites everything, then based on slot #: first come first used. Which is why I dropped lifesteal and put Curse in slot 1. It gave the sound effect of being used, it gave the debuff....but did not actually apply -1k armor. (Except when AI used against me.) And I know it's taken away in Chaotic World, but it's still useful in Normal World, kinda why I got it and was annoyed Divine Set wiped it when I made that and when it was useless anyway.

Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Well, you can use the Demon Bow broken Itens, but you will not be able to transforming then into a set, and the actualy stats are garbage (little to no AGI, and it's actually not your main stat).

I think you're reading it wrong. Problem is the Sword (not broken) is only slightly better than Bow (broken).
Quote HotwerNevermore ()

Yeah under the tree just outside north end of town. Was probably for testing purposes and never removed. (Selling them is useful though to afford nation and Good Shoes at same time, especially when first weather is Snow. And then Fog after that. (It's painful.... sad )

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Friday, 2017-06-02, 5:21:01 AM | Message # 6
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
I think you're reading it wrong. Problem is the Sword (not broken) is only slightly better than Bow (broken).

The game always tried to use the idea of a group to play, instead of playing alone. Characters that use sword shouldn't be damage dealers.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2017-06-02, 8:38:14 AM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
The game always tried to use the idea of a group to play

And I always try to go alone, or at most, one other person with me. Just not very sociable some of the time. (Plus the more people the harder it gets to play if anything goes wrong or if someone can't make it or anything like that.)
Plus it's kinda fun to see how far is possible with nobody else to help. Just me, my character.....and a whole lot of stuff to kill. (Woo!)

Anyway, since I should probably put something related to the topic....it would be nice if Struggle/Colosseum saw you were blinking from inside there to inside there, instead of just saying "No blink at all in here ever." (I mean, it lets you try to cast and everything before stopping you...mana gets used and all, I think....)

Buddy I was playing with loaded his 414 Elementalist and his backpack was level 1. (Also, it gets sent to Paladin World instead of Chaotic World.) (It's sitting in Town next to the fountain, but no idea why it would be in that spot. Not following or anything.)
(Should just make bags 999 and ignored by Paladin World triggers....)
(He thinks it has something to do with the part where it died once. Dunno how, though.)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Friday, 2017-06-02, 11:05:21 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Friday, 2017-06-02, 12:21:03 PM | Message # 8
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
Buddy I was playing with loaded his 414 Elementalist and his backpack was level 1

Loaded from a Save/Load Single, or Multiplayer?

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2017-06-02, 1:50:59 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Quote HotwerNevermore ()
Loaded from a Save/Load Single, or Multiplayer?

Multiplayer.

Malevolent criminal I,

HotwerNevermoreDate: Friday, 2017-06-02, 2:05:04 PM | Message # 10
Lead Map Developer
Quote Sandman366 ()
Multiplayer.

That's pretty weird. It happened only to Elementalist?

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2017-06-02, 5:18:10 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
He's only made that and a PR today, but didn't load the PR to test it (and the bag didn't die there either, still no idea what caused bag death.)
Edit: Nope. Both as Ele and PR, loading gives a level 1 bag that doesn't follow character at approx the bottom-right corner of the fountain, with bagged items on ground. But it doesn't appear to be slot-based, and it doesn't happen for me. (Still testing though, and I loaded first every time so far, so might be a load order issue.)

Okay! For us two at least, when one of us loads, whoever loads second is going to get the broken bag. Level 1, next to fountain, items on ground, not following. (Actually, I loaded with a Satan's Abode in backpack, and that was on the ground. I didn't think carrying that had a level req, but then didn't test picking it up, but....still...hrm....)

Apparently Medean's Curse actually works for him as PR, though. Dunno what's up with Savior.

Starting game on BNet without anyone else to count as a player apparently does insta-score screen.

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Saturday, 2017-06-03, 10:24:45 AM

HotwerNevermoreDate: Saturday, 2017-06-03, 12:41:00 PM | Message # 12
Lead Map Developer
I will work on some drastic fixes on Monday. Don't worry.

rockyguy87Date: Tuesday, 2017-06-06, 3:05:46 AM | Message # 13
Stage 1
The biggest two bugs I've seen so far are the above mentioned bag death and the scepters right outside of town. Honestly the scepter should probably just be removed to prevent the well known exploit. Just selling them for early money isn't game breaking and just killing the barrels near the slave trader would do the same for you.

Dropping and picking the godslayer set resets the cool down of the resurrection.

Finally it could be just bad luck but it seems like the bad weather effects in chaotic occur wayyyy too often. That combined with sin at night leads to a great amount of time spent in town not playing.

Thanks for updating this map btw!!!!!!!

richardstein7Date: Tuesday, 2017-06-06, 6:21:49 AM | Message # 14
Stage 1
are you guys playing the map alone or with more players online?
I have serious desync problems.

i have only solo(alone in game) orĀ  with decent players the possiblity to play stable without getting a desync after first 5-20 minutes sad

devilxshadow9982Date: Wednesday, 2017-06-07, 1:41:08 PM | Message # 15
Stage 1
Quote richardstein7 ()
are you guys playing the map alone or with more players online?
Sand and I have been playing on a private bot together, I believe one of the versions from when dark was developing the map caused red if any player was in the slot to cause desync amongst all players. Although desync is desync it'll happen regardless given the circumstance within the map.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » 1.30b Bugs
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024