Wednesday, 2024-04-24, 5:48:08 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Avoiding Desyncs 100% Guaranteed (Restart WC3 before Every Game)
Avoiding Desyncs 100% Guaranteed
CeshunDate: Wednesday, 2010-10-13, 11:12:45 PM | Message # 16
Stage 4
Group: File Master
Quote (Shaki)
overload the game's cache. Cache is like RAM in a computer, for certain games. In the case of COT, the cache is overloaded. When you have that many triggers and caches, storing units in variables, it starts destroying things. Just to put it simply, it's something that probably can be fixed, but i doubt he could, as it'd take him to recode the game. :P

No! Or give me the report.
Seems like you just went in IT scool.

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2010-10-23, 2:47:16 PM | Message # 17
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (KrazyFruit)
You need to be synced with others, not like one playing from Alaska, other from Somalia and 3rd from CA.

I was just playing a game "alone" (me & myself lol) and desynced. Granted, one comp was far better than other, but still.

Quote (KrazyFruit)
Other than that, i dont really get any descyns in any other game, just with cot ( sometimes ) which is odd....

CoT is one of the maps that I've seen with many desyncs, I've seen one that desyncs were about as common as thinking (not much of an exaggeration lol) and some others where desyncs are insanely rare, but CoT seems to be the most common map with "common" desyncs. Especially back in 66b, was crazy. (Yet there were bots autohosting games bridges on all 4 servers)

Edit:

Quote (Shaki)
Just to put it simply, it's something that probably can be fixed, but i doubt he could, as it'd take him to recode the game.

Could? Yeah, he could. Would he? (Removed so mod doesn't need to) no. (link: http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/4-393-2 scroll down to DC's post.)

Added (2010-10-23, 2:47:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Shaki)
Cache is like RAM in a computer, for certain games. In the case of COT, the cache is overloaded

Doubtful. It could increase the cache, and if not use RAM, there's still a harddrive to use. I've seen it use not even half my RAM with desyncs. Probably having a wooden computer can't help someone else's desyncs though...or maybe that other guy's smoke signal modem surely can't help him....and I doubt that playskool router helped that other guy....

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 2:00:14 PM

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2010-10-28, 3:07:30 PM | Message # 18
Stage 2
Group: Users
UH i've been coding / using computers my entire life. I do know what I'm talking about.
And I'm not talking about RAM i'm saying its like Random Access Memory. It stores the information for the game, but you see, if you've played a game before you play cot, you have that in your cache. That's why restarting works.
For instance, COT uses the full games RAM, if you played cot, and played another intense game after, it will desync aswell.
The game is 6 or so years old, you have to realize that it's not as sophisticated as you may think, so the game isn't stable. My computer desyncs constantly, but i have a pimpin pc. Just keep it in mind. Dakr uses about 30x as many heroes as any other RPG i've seen. If you don't know much about coding then i'll explain. Each HERO uses around 20 variables. Dakr has over 100. 100x20 = 2,000. Storing a variable is like a saved char file in a game, if you have 5 saved files it is laggy, but wc3 is alot stronger than hand held games. So he has overloaded the cache, normally the wc3editor would rage him. He uses Newgen, which hacks the world editor. ^.^. That's my theory.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2010-10-29, 2:58:42 PM | Message # 19
Stage 9
And then you realize Dark (you said Dakr like eight times, lol) only made about 8 of those heroes, the rest being from older timelines of CoT. And I've seen other maps with many heroes, that also had no storyline, and that even had dungeons and special loot systems and the whole nine yards. (I'm not going to say the name of it, nor the maker's name, all I'll say is that they're just about the same and it starts with a D.) And that map I think is even older than CoT, with stat based skills and a whole buncha stuff. (It was like, CoT/1m, and still about as good, though leveling was slow)

Anyway, bit off topic. Restarting helps, yes, but then you're just clearing the game's cache (which I don't understand why it doesn't anyway, and don't all the menus also take up varying amounts of cache? Several years old or not, they still patch it Shaki...)

And Shaki, perhaps Fatal Errors/Desyncs are WC3 raging him. :P Since, WE can't according to you.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

ShakiDate: Friday, 2010-10-29, 6:11:44 PM | Message # 20
Stage 2
Group: Users
Don't get into a debate with me, it was a theory.
ALSO, that RPG that you're talking about (ik what one it is) IS NOT like cot. Cot has about 50x more variables than that one, ALSO that one was made earlier, this one is made newer with stronger technology which batters down wc3.
please don't flame me, and i call him dakr cuz that's what i call him.
Just trying to get a point across. I've been mapping for 4 years, (3 wc3, 1 sc1(and wc2 a bit, before i got wc3)).

God_Of_DeathDate: Friday, 2010-10-29, 8:15:11 PM | Message # 21
Stage 7
This is starting to get a bit off topic and the point has already been made so closing. If you wish to continue the discussion create a topic or pm.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Avoiding Desyncs 100% Guaranteed (Restart WC3 before Every Game)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024