Thursday, 2024-04-18, 6:31:13 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Apologies.
Apologies.
SylaisDate: Monday, 2011-07-18, 4:20:49 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Hey guys.

Just wanted to come here and make a bit of a confession before some unruly stickler reports me for it.

Last couple days I've re-introduced myself to the CoT series after an extremely long break.

Yesterday somebody who I had been playing with showed me this neat little trick where you can charm some forgottens with the
Mysterious Home units, buff them to hell with Level Infusion, and pretty much GG from there.

Mistaking this for clever use of skills, I, of course, began doing so myself.

Of course I'm afk patroling Astrals with another gamer, and I'm on here reading the funny-as-hell hack reports to kill some time.

And boom there it is - come across a thread that mentions charming forgottens is breaking the rules.

Anyways, I just wanted to come apologize for abusing such spell mechanics. I plan on deleting the 2 character codes in which I used this method
to level and refraining from using such methods again.

Also, mapmakers, if you wish I can PM you with the methods used to attaining the Mysterious Home charmers while maintaining a chaos home for
leveling - if, of course, you dont already know. I wont post it here, I dont feel like laying down the blueprints for other public players to use.

On a side note, excellent map. I have been playing it on and off for quite a while, but I kind of wish it would progress at a faster rate, specifically getting
the heroes up to date. I'd really like to play some new heroes.

My apologies once again.
Sincerely, Sylais.

My fists have shattered men's dreams, destroyed families, and crushed hopes. But when I open these hands, I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. The path that we take is not right. It is simply the path that we choose.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-07-18, 5:35:52 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
If all you used was for leveling you don't have to delete them. For some reason (far as I've been told) it's not "against the rules" unless you use them for Azazoth, Infinite Struggle, or the colo. Don't get me wrong-it's still frowned upon for doing it, but it isn't technically against the rules.

And yes, we know about the Mysterious Home, Dark Ranger, and Staff of Mastery. If you find any other methods of controlling stuff, do let us know.

But, welcome back to CoT, and welcome to the forum.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2011-07-18, 5:44:31 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
There totally not against the rules. Its a mistake from my own error. Glitches and exploits happen. New version soon (well not that soon, but yeah, im workin on it atm), and everyone can start on a clean slate.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-07-18, 7:34:45 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Group: Users
well dont you think exploiting bugs/glitches should be against rules on a 1-3 bases?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-07-18, 8:00:09 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Quote (darkchaos)
everyone can start on a clean slate.

Does this mean you're clearing the ban list, codewipe...what?

Anyway, there should be SOME kind of punishment after this long. Workers were stopped, there should be no reason people need to find ways to control them still.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

bud-bus-Date: Monday, 2011-07-18, 9:53:38 PM | Message # 6
Lead Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
There totally not against the rules. Its a mistake from my own error. Glitches and exploits happen.

Answered. Closing this... If you wanted to say something else PM me i'll open it again np

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2011-07-18, 10:40:25 PM | Message # 7
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Just gunna answer it; I mean code wipe. In no way am i resetting bans. They can go suck it.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Apologies.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024