Thursday, 2024-04-18, 8:07:01 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Off Topic » Entertainment » Map Triggers (I suppose games count as entertainment right?)
Map Triggers
Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2012-11-27, 10:43:39 PM | Message # 16
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Mystic_Prophet)
such an item would break the damage detect condition in my particular trigger

Quote (Mystic_Prophet)
in order to make a spell reduction item in my map, it would have to be triggered as part of a condition. rather tedious

The first quote is really my main point, with the second quote being the secondary point.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 4:30:24 PM | Message # 17
Stage 4
Group: Users
Right. We established that at the very beginning of this thread, and then you started arguing off in tangents about whether or not armor affects spells. I'm still trying to see how you consider that useless though. It saves you months of work for what I consider a very minor inconvenience.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 4:31:54 PM

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 11:03:10 PM | Message # 18
Stage 9
....it takes months of work to have a "Cast spell equal to X" condition? (Unit finishes casting spell, Spell = X, Do spell effects.)

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 11:43:42 PM | Message # 19
Stage 9
Yeah im a bit confused by that too O.o
how does that take months lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 11:45:30 AM | Message # 20
Stage 4
Trigger me a custom breath of fire spell, chain lightning, and shockwave spell without using damage detection. then we'll talk. There are some spells that are easy to code. single targets, circular areas, etc. Others like shockwave, chain spells, or cone spells take a lot more effort. Rejuvenation spells tend to be difficult to make stat based too unless you simply make it a dot heal. Multiply that process by the 400 spells in COT and you have a LOT of work on your hands.

Oh. And no using previously made JASS templates. Has to be from scratch and in GUI.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 11:50:37 AM

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 12:16:59 PM | Message # 21
Stage 9

Edit: Nevermind, don't understand, could swear those were events and and conditions, can't find them anymore....
They should be triggers though, because that would make stuff so much easier. (Could've sworn they were though...)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 4:34:06 PM

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 4:49:50 PM | Message # 22
Stage 2
if( interface.gui )
{
return 0;
}
else
{
new Conversation convo;
}

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 4:50:32 PM | Message # 23
Stage 4
Yeah if that was possible for every spell, I would never have had to go through all the work around. You CAN do that in sc2 edit though. The biggest problem to custom spells is detecting all of the targets it hits. The breath of fire idea actually might work because that spell is capable of adding a buff. Variables could work, but you would have to make them MUI. and even then you would have to make sure each player was only capable of having one unit with breathe of fire at a time. I'll look into your idea though. See if I can get it working.

However, there are spells like chain lightning which cant add buffs on their own and that creates a bit of a headache.

This sort of works. But it runs into problems with multiple players. Since breathe of fire can't give different buffs for different players. The ammount of damage it does will always be based on the last person to cast it. If two players cast at the same time, I'm not sure if it would work properly, even if you did use variable arrays. Also if you do it this way you break the nifty damage over time effect that breath of fire has.

Code
Untitled Trigger 001
      Events
          Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      Conditions
          (Ability being cast) Equal to Breath of Fire
      Actions
          Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (1000.00, 1000.00))) and do (Actions)
              Loop - Actions
                  If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                      If - Conditions
                          ((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Fire) Equal to True
                      Then - Actions
                          Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Matching unit), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                          Unit - Remove Breath of Fire buff from (Triggering unit)

Else - Actions

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:20:15 PM

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 4:58:35 PM | Message # 24
Stage 2
Create a flag, property, pointer, idk something and attach it to the unit, on cast that unit's location is shared with the spell effect distance, blah blah blah.
Allow me to pseudo this.

unit * Caster;

if( action.cast )
{
Caster = &TiggeringUnit;
if( unitIsInRegion( posx(TriggeringUnit)+spellRadius, posy(TriggeringUnit)+spellRadius) == hostile )
{
//Do something?
}
}

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:09:58 PM | Message # 25
Stage 4
that only works with circular AOE spells shaki. doing it that way would hit far more targets than you want it to.

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:16:30 PM | Message # 26
Stage 2
Then modify it the direction you want it to hit, T_T not very hard. And if you want to change how it hits the targets add a condition, it was pseudo code for a reason. :P.

edit: Also that was for square. tongue

Message edited by Shaki - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:17:50 PM

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:22:07 PM | Message # 27
Stage 4
yeah I've tried using those position codes. Never got the hang of it. changing the direction just makes it into a line. You need to use some advanced trig to get a cone to function properly. And I'm not even sure how to get a chain spell to work at all.

I remember trying to trigger a shockwave spell. took forever to get it working somewhat correctly.

I suppose that's the problem you run into with self teaching. I'm sure I could learn all this stuff if there was a formal class.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:25:08 PM

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:24:05 PM | Message # 28
Stage 2
y=mx+b

Grade 10 math.

edit:

Just comes down to quadratics really.

Message edited by Shaki - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:25:10 PM

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:28:00 PM | Message # 29
Stage 4
so give a sample trigger. I'm sure you could pull it off. I'm not quite sure how to translate complex math equations into wc3 GUI myself. A chain spell would be nice too smile

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:28:46 PM

ShakiDate: Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:29:17 PM | Message # 30
Stage 2
Sure, I don't know jass but I'll try it out.

bleh gui is so annoying, I cba, but anyways just try it out. You're obviously proficient with it, it just needs to read in loops. :P

Message edited by Shaki - Thursday, 2012-11-29, 5:47:40 PM

Forum » Off Topic » Entertainment » Map Triggers (I suppose games count as entertainment right?)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024